Kentlyn Burns !!!!! Update: now with pics.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Bad news....
Kentlyn trails are ablaze, looks to be burning from the gully where the NS wall ride was back up to the main fire trail. Bush Fire Brigade are there and the guy i spoke to said it was under control. Pretty sure it didn't spread as far as the road gap that leads to the see-saw. Will try and check later this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon.

To add a positive spin to a crap situation at least we will be able to scope out some new lines.

Update: Went back this afternoon, not too much damage, basically burnt from the left side of the main fire trail all the way down to the gully. The fire only affected the bush behind where the wall ride was.
Everything from the new line that replaced the 'shore to the see-saw etc. is intact.:)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 83
  • 0 bytes Views: 76
  • 0 bytes Views: 65
Last edited:

Ando78

Likes Bikes
hi all
just went for a walk down there its all out
the fireys said it started were the cubby houce was
it has spred a fair way tho
thay thanked us for cleaning all the rubbish around it
thay all said out tracks were crazy and thay were more than happy for us to ride in there

cya

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I saw a firey driving up my street around 10 this morning with the sirens going, must have been heading out there.
It was probably the kids that built the cubby house trying to get revenge for it being ripped down. Hope it hasn't reached the NS stuff or ruined any of the new line (it's fun:D). If there is any work required to fix anything up let me know as I am planning to head out there for some runs Friday morning and can do some cleaning up etc.

Ando78

Likes Bikes
na no work required
but the firemen asked if we would build a line down behind the houces were we park the cars so thay can get in there on foot if there is a fire
thay recon you can get all the way down to the river from there.

might be good for a swim after some dh runs in summer.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
That will probably be the last time we get trouble from those dickheads again. Obviously we pissed them off when we pulled down that cubby house, they were stoners as we found bongs. I couldnt believe the amount of destruction they caused down there.

From the pics it looks like the track stopped the fire from spreading! We will have to get together guys and build that track for the firey's, having them on side can only be a good thing.

Trouble, its not that there is big hills in the area or a lot of long steep sections, but a great bunch of guys who build these DH tracks that make the best of a bad situation, the guys look after the tracks down there and get along well, which makes riding that much better.

Last edited:

Ando78

Likes Bikes
ye sweet im down for makin some new lines
at least thay will be well hidden over that side

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I can do something Friday morning till about 10.30. But I'm off to Bathurst this weekend so let me know if anyone is available Friday and we can get a start on it. I also thought about building a step-up to tabletop like the one at Holytrail in the Gong, let me know what your thoughts are. Would need to find a sheltered place for it as it would stick out if it was too close to the main fire trail.
Cheers

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I saw that smoke yesterday and was thinking it looked close to the trails.....
Fuggen ferals !!! Proof yet again they are a bunch of no hoper's.

Hey Ando, did you happen to mention to the firey's that it was the stoners who built the cubby and left the shit everywhere ?? I bet they would like to catch up with them if they thought it was deliberately lit.

As for some building, im free till about 11:30 every morning this week and would be more than happy to help put in a line for the firey's.

Ben

Ando78

Likes Bikes
ye the truck was parked at the top of the new line we put in after the clean up and i told them the story and showed them were the cubby was
thay said to say thanks for our work out there.
one of them went down and had a look around and found a train ticket from the blue mts one way but couldn"t make out a date on it
ye keen to build more out there but i can only do avo"s after 1pm but this is a bad week can do sat avo if all keen