NSW Kessel run, Camden to menagle river trail.

Aiden.s

Squid
Hey everyone, just got back into the sport of xc mtb and I was wondering if anyone knew who or what group of people are fixing up this trail or if there is a club in the area, I would love to get out and give a hand and have some people to ride with,

And if anyone is Interested in maybe starting up a group to help out with fixing this trail, use this thread to spread the word around

Last edited:

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Hey aiden, no club runs events out of camden trail that I'm aware of. The track maintenance is done by one or two trail fairies, often I ride through there see a fallen tree etc and within a day or so the tree has been cleared, they do an excellent job in keeping it maintained. Where else have you ridden around here?

Aiden.s

Squid
Yeah it's great down there last time I went along there was about 4 years ago and it is a great place now, would love to help them out.

Um ATM just there and mount Annan, I only got my bike last Tuesday and I rode Camden sat and Sunday morning and mount Anna last fri,
I'm still unfit as but my body is picking it back up quickly, I'm thinking of heading out to kentlyn today after work and then tomorrow out to Harrington park, I'm gunna try get into a routine for every week

What about your self are you local??

Hey aiden, no club runs events out of camden trail that I'm aware of. The track maintenance is done by one or two trail fairies, often I ride through there see a fallen tree etc and within a day or so the tree has been cleared, they do an excellent job in keeping it maintained. Where else have you ridden around here?

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'm from spring farm, done a quick lap of Harrington park this arvo and will be heading out there again in the morning for a few laps. Wed I will ride Camden and Thursday I'll be hitting up kentlyn, all morning rides due to being on holidays ATM. If this fits with your time frame let me know.

Dave Harrington park trail is out the back of harrington grove it's about a 5pm 15/20 min loop, surface is similar to mount Annan but nice and flowey ST.

Aiden.s

Squid
Yeah I ended up out at Harrington park aswell around 5 onwards, I got 2 laps and it was my first go out there but I loved it, it is so well built and yeah im working full time and onsite by 630 aha, I wish I was able to ride, and yeah at the moment I can't ride till after 5pm if I'm lucky I've gotta travel home from hurstvile. But on weekends I'm gunna try go both days nice and earlie while the misses sleeps in, so if ur around same thing let me know aha

And Dave jump onto www.Trailflix.com.au they have all the directions and info I'd need to know and they have milky all the tracks in Australia listed..

Yeah I'm from spring farm, done a quick lap of Harrington park this arvo and will be heading out there again in the morning for a few laps. Wed I will ride Camden and Thursday I'll be hitting up kentlyn, all morning rides due to being on holidays ATM. If this fits with your time frame let me know.

Dave Harrington park trail is out the back of harrington grove it's about a 5pm 15/20 min loop, surface is similar to mount Annan but nice and flowey ST.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Thanks guys, sorry I didn't mean to take over the thread discussing another track. Hoping to get back on the Kessel Run myself again in the next few days. I live in Camden so I just ride down there from home. I haven't had a chance to go right through the end yet.

Aiden.s

Squid
Nar its all good dave, I'm only over in elderslie right near the bike/walking track, I'm the same i just jump on the parth at camden and ride through,
but the main reason i started this thread was to get local guys on here to try and get a group together and try get some group rides sorted and even trail maintenance to our local stuff,
After ridding harrington park today, we have some real promising trails to ride. and id love to see them get better and even improve, like harrington park, with a bit more shovelling some of the sections in there would be great just needs the work hours put in,

Thanks guys, sorry I didn't mean to take over the thread discussing another track. Hoping to get back on the Kessel Run myself again in the next few days. I live in Camden so I just ride down there from home. I haven't had a chance to go right through the end yet.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Nar its all good dave, I'm only over in elderslie right near the bike/walking track, I'm the same i just jump on the parth at camden and ride through,
but the main reason i started this thread was to get local guys on here to try and get a group together and try get some group rides sorted and even trail maintenance to our local stuff,
After ridding harrington park today, we have some real promising trails to ride. and id love to see them get better and even improve, like harrington park, with a bit more shovelling some of the sections in there would be great just needs the work hours put in,
Yeah I would be interested in doing some track work although Harrington is awesome there is plenty of room for improvement. Not a heap of scope for change at camden.

In regards to getting a group together for night rides I'de be interested in a Monday and Wednesday ride starting about 630 ish, just have to get some lights.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Also, the Harrington park bushland is part of a much bigger green corridor set aside in camden councils Development control plan, meaning there will be plenty of room for expansion in the coming years.

Aiden.s

Squid
ok awesome well if u head onto trailflix and have a look at the harrington park forum iv put a post on there about forming a group to go maintain it and a couple of the local guys on there have expressed interest into helping out and are extremely local to the area, so if u can go on there and show your interest and hopefuly we can get some guys together and get started, i might even make a new thread in a couple of days on here just for the group interest of harrington park,
i wanna make a local trail my every day ride and hopefully build up a good group of guys to get a good group ride happening, and iv never done night ridding before shah iv got a light so let me know when

Yeah I would be interested in doing some track work although Harrington is awesome there is plenty of room for improvement. Not a heap of scope for change at camden.

In regards to getting a group together for night rides I'de be interested in a Monday and Wednesday ride starting about 630 ish, just have to get some lights.