Kevin the Kavenz - a European adventure

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Have you played around with the Storia's HBO adjustment when you have it installed? Sounds like you might get a best of both worlds - more support and better ground tracking in the midstroke, but add in that deep-travel support...
The storia has a factory setting for the HBO. Basically it increases by about 20% for the final 15 mm. The Arma has adjustable ramp up but Storia is set at one level.

Don’t get me wrong, the EXT is awesome and is the better shock - the DPX just offers a bit of a different flavour. The DPX is a bit underwhelming compared to the EXT in most circumstances but does offer a nice firm platform deep in travel.

Basically, I would only lean towards the DPX for well manicured bike parks and would go the EXT for everything else.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The storia has a factory setting for the HBO. Basically it increases by about 20% for the final 15 mm. The Arma has adjustable ramp up but Storia is set at one level.

Don’t get me wrong, the EXT is awesome and is the better shock - the DPX just offers a bit of a different flavour. The DPX is a bit underwhelming compared to the EXT in most circumstances but does offer a nice firm platform deep in travel.

Basically, I would only lean towards the DPX for well manicured bike parks and would go the EXT for everything else.
Could the EXT Aria be the answer?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Could the EXT Aria be the answer?

I saw this when it was first published but reading it again after having experience with the two positive chambers in the fork, I’m wondering if 2 chambers AND hydraulic bottom out are really necessary.

I love to fettle but I think there is a limit to what’s useful for the average Joe.

Also interesting to see they were predicting pre orders by the end of the year and shipping of initial units by Feb/March. Seems something has held them up.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I saw this when it was first published but reading it again after having experience with the two positive chambers in the fork, I’m wondering if 2 chambers AND hydraulic bottom out are really necessary.

I love to fettle but I think there is a limit to what’s useful for the average Joe.

Also interesting to see they were predicting pre orders by the end of the year and shipping of initial units by Feb/March. Seems something has held them up.
The Mattoc fork I had was 2 air chambers and HBO. Some fettling needed to find the sweet spot but when you do get the settings right its awesome, much like the Era I presume. Helm fork I have currently has less settings but rides really well.

Interested to try a dual air shock but the two available Chickadee and Aria (almost available) are lots of money and MRPs prototype air shock has vanished.