kids helmets

digger

Likes Dirt
well, it's come to this.

with the increasing demands on my time my bikes are collecting dust so i've resorted to 'investing' in a trailer to go behind the bike for the boys (12mths & 2.5 yrs) to get some legit & guilt free riding time.(lame i know, but one day you youngsters, you'll understand what I'm going through) The only problem is the smallest helmets I can find is suitable for 48-52cm head measurements which is still too big for the little one. Does anyone know of a smaller kids helmet?

Reece.

Likes Dirt
Are you talking full face or open face?
check K-mart and the likes
they usually do kids helmets

scoobydid

Likes Dirt
Hey digger, had the exact same problem as you. You have several choices. If you take a look at the CRC site they sell MET childrens helmets, one of which starts at 46cm.
From memory Moruya Bicycles site also advertises a (Tioga?) model which also starts at 46cm.
Otherwise, jump on eBay and you should be able to find a seller there called oooCycles (I think they have a separate site as well) and one of their kids helmets has a range 45-52cm.
Because I'm only taking the kids to parks and the like (no road) on pretty flat terrain in their trailer, I bought a couple from ooocycles. They're $9.95 each, postage is about $10. The helmet seems to be quite decent and comes with two sets of padding. I can't complain about it at this stage and have had them for a few months now.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
this is just me, but i dont bother with helmets for mine while they're in the trailer. for the bike seat, definitely, but the trailer is pretty sound i think. i actually managed to flip it once avoiding a car and the kids were shaken, but unhurt, straps held them in place and the roll cage made sure they didn't cop a knock...