kids that destroy lips at the local jumps

curtisb

Likes Dirt
hey every

i spend heaps of time working on the depot rd jumps in mortdale and i was recently given the job to keep it in good condition and organise events, now i dont want to sound like a dick head but im sick off putting all this time and effort into making the lips bigger smoother and better just so some sh!# head kids can go down there and put there foot through the lips to make them smaller because they cant hit the big lips.

if you cant hit the big lips theres a set of table tops with smaller lip for you have fun on. if your not able to hit the jump when it is built up DONT hit it :mad:

the people that destroy the lips have no consideration for the people like me and many others that spend our time trying to make the place beter for all riders. they think that places like depot is a given right but its not. it take alot of efort to maintain it so that the council dosnt have a problem with us there

dose anyone else have this same problem at there jumps because im seriously over it

thanks for listening

I know exactly how you feel, i had the same problem with my jumps until the council knocked them down (damn them). If you see the kids, tell them to back off and if they keep wrecking them id just kick them in the head with boots that have nails in them...na not really

Barnsy

Likes Dirt
When someone builds a jump/track/whatever, it should be considered theirs. Therefore, respect is a duty. If you make changes, ask the 'owner' first, and you should be leaving the track in the same condition it was when you got there. So yeah, people wrecking lips are annoying. My club back home had the legal right to ban people from our trails (since technically we owned the land), and had to do it on a couple of occasions with idiots destroying the track and not giving a damn for all the work that went into it.

ido09s

Likes Dirt
where are these jumps? I looked at google maps and i can see a whole heap of trees.... are this where they are?

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
hey every

i spend heaps of time working on the depot rd jumps in mortdale and i was recently given the job to keep it in good condition and organise events, now i dont want to sound like a dick head but im sick off putting all this time and effort into making the lips bigger smoother and better just so some sh!# head kids can go down there and put there foot through the lips to make them smaller because they cant hit the big lips.

if you cant hit the big lips theres a set of table tops with smaller lip for you have fun on. if your not able to hit the jump when it is built up DONT hit it :mad:

the people that destroy the lips have no consideration for the people like me and many others that spend our time trying to make the place beter for all riders. they think that places like depot is a given right but its not. it take alot of efort to maintain it so that the council dosnt have a problem with us there

dose anyone else have this same problem at there jumps because im seriously over it

thanks for listening

this topic makes me so angry.

at the jumps that we no longer use anymore because its just flat land now. we build the jumps, then about 2 months later this ass-hole takes it upon himself to run a bob cat through there, then they all whine and complain when there are all these kids loitering around the shops and what not, everything we make to amuse our selves and get active we barked at by every one, we sit around and do nothing, and everyone complains some more. its bullshit.

people destroying and altering anything they didnt make annoys the shit out of me. :mad:

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this topic makes me so angry.

at the jumps that we no longer use anymore because its just flat land now. we build the jumps, then about 2 months later this ass-hole takes it upon himself to run a bob cat through there, then they all whine and complain when there are all these kids loitering around the shops and what not, everything we make to amuse our selves and get active we barked at by every one, we sit around and do nothing, and everyone complains some more. its bullshit.

people destroying and altering anything they didnt make annoys the shit out of me. :mad:
If its not your land, its illegal, they have every right to bulldoze it.

DjRyde

Likes Dirt
That sucks man, I have the same problem i build some jumps at my local Kiddie Park, and go back latter and their are tyre track going through the jumps and they are like flat again. Just tell them to back off and they listen and ride away, if they don't just say you'll get your mates on them. ;)

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What kind of a stupid question is that? I'm not involved in this in anyway. But if your building jumps ILLEGALLY it is your own fault if it gets dozed.
they are not illegal, pretty sure council gave them permission to build there
correct me if I'm wrong:)

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Dj

Good on yah for spending some time to build at the Depot jumps! :D

The good thing about the jumps at depot road is that they are not hidden away and pretty much everyone that goes by can see them. I guess that is also a bad thing when little rippers case them or bust the lips.

On the legal stuff....I am pretty sure that they are legal jumps as they are built right beside the council depot (hence depot road).