Killed my crap 1st bike, need another. HELP?

johno71

Banned
mate go the hard tail, i wanted an xtc2 retail for around $1500 with new models coming out should be around $1250 or better, i couldnt get one in my size, so i went the talon and couldnt be more happier, especially when i got a free helmet all for under the grand... and like youre self im a larger fella

mushroom

Likes Dirt
Another big thumbs up for a hardtail at that price range. I had a Giant Rincon as my first decent mountain bike and it is still going strong as a backup or bring-a-friend-bike. Any of the Giant bikes (actually, almost any bike) at this price will do you well. Check out reviews at www.mtbr.com
Giant just sell so many that it is hard to beat their specs for the price.

Consider including a set of clip in pedals/shoes and a pair of tyres in your budget (allow $150-350 total). These two upgrades will make the biggest performance difference to your bike for the money. Tyres to suit your local conditions will make so much difference to your grip/cornering/comfort. Clip in pedals (often described as 'clipless' pedals- long story) are easy to get used to and provide a massive power increase, particularly when riding up hills. If you get all this gear when you buy your bike, the store should do you a good deal on the extras.

KWICKS

Likes Dirt
Hi mate,
My local shop put me onto this web site 'cyclenet'.
Cheers to everyone, and yep, I'm across cyclenet and bikeexchange.

I'm really struggling to find stock! And this time of year is supposed to be bargain season but with no supply there are no bargains either! Search reveals a 4 week plus wait for almost everything, if any dealers on here want to contact me about exisiting stock on a 21" frame (or close to) for my new search criteria of Giant Talon, Scott Aspect 10, Trek 6500, Merida TFS Trail 850D or similar trail hardtail let me know please. Already looking like I'll miss this weekend's riding due to no equipment to ride:(

rockydog

Likes Dirt
^^^^^^
If you can be bothered heading up the mountain, Velo Nova in Katoomba is having a closing down sale. They've got bugger all stock, but there are a couple of mid to low spec Trek and Giant hardtails hanging on the wall. No outrageous bargains, but if you're in a hurry might be worth a look.

KWICKS

Likes Dirt
Found a bike!

Big ups to Cranks in North Sydney for responding to my electronic queries and doing the deal. Great service from someone a little out of my area but worth the extra miles to get there. I'm the proud new owner of a Giant Talon 22".:)