Kind Shock dropper remote and spare parts

teK--

Eats Squid
All done; super fast turnaround from Al; rang Thurs morning and arrived this morning.

Kinda followed this detailed instructions but they were a bit unclear and dick ended up stuck in ceiling fan.... not! Ended up using dremel to trim off end of cable flush; worked great!
Very happy with result :bounce:

IMG_4602.jpg

stirk

Burner
All done; super fast turnaround from Al; rang Thurs morning and arrived this morning.

Kinda followed this detailed instructions but they were a bit unclear and dick ended up stuck in ceiling fan.... not! Ended up using dremel to trim off end of cable flush; worked great!
Very happy with result :bounce:

View attachment 322218
Could be my old eye sight but I think you are a degree or two out on the south paw mounting, it looks good but a tad askew..?

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Wow looks way better than the crappy Giant setup. Did you order all parts through pushies? And that grub screw setup is so that it works with the latest giant droppers?

Interested in what it cost. Welcome to PM me if you dont want to say here. My Giant setup with the steel spiral round part that sticks out has been bent a little cause it sticks out and its just overall not a good design.

teK--

Eats Squid
Could be my old eye sight but I think you are a degree or two out on the south paw mounting, it looks good but a tad askew..?
It's a funny design the lever does not sit perpendicular to the clamp but it is on an angle so you can rotate it within the clamp to customise the angle a few ways.

Wow looks way better than the crappy Giant setup. Did you order all parts through pushies? And that grub screw setup is so that it works with the latest giant droppers?

Interested in what it cost. Welcome to PM me if you dont want to say here. My Giant setup with the steel spiral round part that sticks out has been bent a little cause it sticks out and its just overall not a good design.
Just under 85bux express shipped from pushie for all parts. It will fit all giant droppers from version 1 to 3 as all of them have the open end of the cable at the remote.

Now the cable is nice and short instead of the ridiculous long loop that the giant remote forces you to run.

brados20

Likes Dirt
2 Al's at Pushie now days ... I'm Alan or Fat Al or the one with more hair :bounce:

I suggest trying this bit (Cable Collar)

instead of this bit (Cable Clamp)

it just sits in the southpaw a little nicer IMO, but it does stick out a little more. The guys at Ivan Hoe Cycles have tried it with the Contact post but I haven't heard the results. The trick is to cut the cable just a little shorter then flush with the top of the cable collar so you don't get any exposed wire.

Suggested steps
i) before cutting the cable/wire, measure up cable length and lock in the cable collar and grub on the wire.
- Note make sure your cable adjuster on the southpaw is backed all the way off ... ie to allow you to tighten the cable tension after cable installation.
- Check cable tension and make sure post is triggering correctly.
- check twice cut once is good advice.
ii) the grub will leave marks on the wire when tightened. you will use this as the lower limit when cutting the wire
iii) bend the wire over the cable collar so you can use the bend as your cutting guide (upper limit)
iv) loosen the grub screw and lower the cable clamp down the wire. this will make reinstallation easier
v) now you should see the upper (bend) and lower (grub screw marks) limits on the wire ... cut just below the bend (upper limit)
- although its better to cut long and adjust out excess via the cable adjuster on the southpaw. be precise where possible.
- you have a few mm between your cutting limits ... but the aim is to cut so that the frayed cable ends are within the cable collar and not sticking out the top, else your thumb is going to need a callus

If you have spare cable laying about, you may want to practice before hand.

best to email sales@pushie.com.au for queries ... sorry not on here as much these days.

Lots of good retailers know us now days, most even know we aren't Pushys

Sorry to dig up an old post but does anyone know where to get those round cable collars from? I have been googling for the past hour and cant find them anywhere! Not really sure what to even google. Cheers!!