King of Ballarat 2009, Race 1, 5th July, BLACK HILL

camday

Likes Dirt
Well it's that time of year again, and the King of Ballarat is now upon us.

This year, we will be running a three race series, with dates and venues below:
Race 1: 5th July, Black Hill
Race 2: 9th August, Black Hill (TBC)
Race 3: 20th September, Black Hill

There has been plenty of work going on at Black Hill recently, and the tracks we have chosen, are looking a treat.

Event details:
When: Sunday 5th July, 2009
Where: Black Hill, Ballarat,
Cost:
All racers $30 + $5 for race plate
$15 for day license if needed (Club memberships will be available)

Event Timetable:
Saturday:
Unofficial practice from 12 Midday
We would appreciate no riders riding the tracks while the tracks are being prepared, as this has happened several times so far. Show some respect for those bunting and preparing the tracks.

Sunday:
Registration- 8-10:30am
Practice- 8-11:30am
Racing from 12 Midday

Classes this year will be A, B, C, D, U/15 & OPEN WOMAN!! So get the girls down to the track!!

One thing I would also recommend, is ambulance cover. If you havent got it, I highly recommend it. The last thing you want is a huge ambulance bill!

Catering will be available on Sunday, where a BBQ and drinks will be available for purchase.
Full face helmets & closed bar ends are compulsory.
Racing will be held over 3 timed runs, all three timed runs will be added together to determine your final race time & eventuate the winners. They will be run over 2 tracks, 2 timed runs on one & 1 timed on run on other.

Sponsors this year, we see iRide Bikes on board for the 3rd year. Ross is also in talks with the guys at Commencal, so some great prizes will be up for grabs as always.

We will be putting together a club raffle, with tickets available to be purchased on race day. The winner will drawn at the last race, and you must be there to win!!

We will also be looking for volunteers, and we will be running a raffle where the volunteers who help out will go into the draw to win a prize for offering their services. So if you are coming down, and want to help out, you could get a great prize on behalf of the club.

A big thanks to the City of Ballarat, who are very supportive of the races, and we may also have the mayor onsite to have a look. Some planning is currently in place for the Black Hill area, so stay posted.

Any questions, please let me know

Last edited:

slats69

Likes Dirt
hey im in it will be my very first race ever and im on a 07 shred.

i cant make it to the first one because of footy, is that a problem can i still come to the second and third race days?

syko

Likes Dirt
This is going to be awesome!

It will be my first King for a couple of years that im not riding. Cant wait! :D

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
hey im in it will be my very first race ever and im on a 07 shred.

i cant make it to the first one because of footy, is that a problem can i still come to the second and third race days?
Of cousre you can if ya miss one you can still race the rest.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do the classes work.... is Class A equivalent to Elite, B equivalent to Expert, C to Sport, and D to Novice?

Most likely the slow class. :eek:

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thats pretty much it, although I find KOB's to have some fast locals who don't race much riding fast in the lower classes.

camday

Likes Dirt
How do the classes work.... is Class A equivalent to Elite, B equivalent to Expert, C to Sport, and D to Novice?
A and B would be a cross of Elite/Expert/Under 19's/Under 17's

Up at Black Hill on Tuesday evening, and plenty of riders hitting the tracks that will be raced, so make sure you get there. Tracks appear in great condition, so great work to the guys who have put the effort into them.

CoUtTa

Likes Dirt
B Grade cant wait its gonna be an awesome serious with tracks in great condition so everyone get out there and get involved!!!!!

notso

Likes Dirt
Devastated!
I thought they were booked in for the end of the months. I have a 30th that saturday night..... no riding for me

boooooooooo

camday

Likes Dirt
Devastated!
I thought they were booked in for the end of the months. I have a 30th that saturday night..... no riding for me

boooooooooo
We were looking at the end of the month, but there was a few things that clashed, that we wanted to avoid.

Just make sure you get to the remaining races!!