King of Ballarat Race 3 **RESULTS**

camday

Likes Dirt
We saw 104 entrants into race 3, slightly down on the previous races, but I think this was still a good turnout after we saw over 100mm of rain fall in Ballarat over the past 2 weeks. The tracks held up, but were certainly not in ideal condition, but the guys did well to get the tracks into race condition.

Sunday came, clear sky, pits under water but there were still plenty of laughs and heckling throughout the day. We saw some public affection, someone who had been attacked by a vampire plus what I'm classing as 'Bay 13' with MC Wildo.

In A grade, we saw Dave Hetherington take the win from James Carter, with Lincoln Verass taking third. There were some great riding with all each posting the quickest time over the 3 runs.

B grade saw Andrew Kirk take a 4 second win over Damon Coutts, who received plenty of 'support' throughout the day, with Shaun Stephens sneaking into third.

C grade was very tight, and they were all trying to take a win to take the overall, but this also saw some big crashes. Rhyan Nevill-Woods had a big off in run 2, snapping his arm, so we wish him all the best in his recovery.
In the end, Matt Bolger took a comfortable win ahead of Gary Metz, and Levi 'Cameron Ling' Carter took third after a few offs in his race runs.

In D grade, Scott Thompson took the win ahead of Jake Rodgers who had won the previous 2 rounds, with Luke Powell just taking 3rd spot

In Open women, there were 3 entrants, that saw everyone take home a prize. Sam Bingham won, ahead of Sarah Jack and Wendy O'Brien took 3rd.

U/15 saw some fast kids, and some very young riders all out to see if they could get a podium. Austen Hawkins took a 14 second win, Theo Sheridan came 2nd, and Matt Williams scraped into third by the smallest of margins.

Overall, a huge series, so thanks to all the riders for coming along, hope everyone enjoyed it.
I want to thank the volunteers for their help also, without their help, the series wouldn't have been able to take place. A big thanks to the girls running the food and drinks, the marshalls those who set up/packed up for each race.
I also can't thank the guys in the timing tent enough. Rich Habicht, Dani and Beck Newger at the finish line have always punched out the times quickly and efficiently, so we cannot thank them enough along with Disco Stu who has done the start line, and gets everyone into line.
Brett 'Fuzz' Martin and Graeme Coutts also need to be thanked for getting the tracks up and running for each race.

Finally, I would like to thank our sponsors. The support we have from these guys has been unbelievable.
So make sure you support these guys when you can:
iRide Bikes, King Street Melbourne
Flightpath Materials, Mair Street Ballarat
MONSTER Energy
McDonalds, Sturt Street, Wendouree, Sebastopol, Ballan and Rockbank
Ballarat Signs
Downhill Downunder
Robert Young Signs
Quicks Excavations, Ballarat

Results are attached, and they may look incorrect with some times, I can confirm they are all correct 100%.

Well I now sign off, see you all soon

Attachments

oldbag

Cannon Fodder
Top A grade times

Hi, just wondering what the strange figures in the "gap" times are and also particularly the top A grade times which suggest they were anywhere from 5 to 45min runs?? I know you said that all times are 100% correct but this does not make sense. Also noticed that some of the U15 rankings have longer run times ahead of shorter ones.

thanks

Whitie

Likes Dirt
King Of Ballarat Race 3

Thanks for the fun three months - certainly made the five hour trip each way worth it. It was very well run event and the weather was even kind - for Ballarat (made us wonder why we moved north!!)

No doubt we'll see a lot of you at the next Vic Series.

Thanks Coutta for chasing up a brake bleed kit even though we never got to use it - the bike has been in the shop all week! We have no fear of Jackson wanting to steal the Big Hit permanently (Until he grows at least).

If any of you would like to make the trip to Albury we have our DH race in October.

Again a huge thanks.

rollingrambo

Likes Dirt
i know i put this in the other kob thread but i figured more people will look at this one. does anyone know who the photographer was at the finish line. hoping he caught my stumble over the line