King of Ballarat Round 3 - Dave Hetherington

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Hey Guys,

Just made my first ever video, first attempt at filming and editing video. Looking for some constructive criticism to help myself improve.

Basically we will be doing alot of videos for our new national team this coming season, posting videos up of every round we attend and maybe some other trips we do. Only have 1 handy cam and 1 helmet camera atm, but will be getting another handy cam and probably another 2 helmet cameras so we should be able to get a tonne more footage and angles.

This is of Dave Hetherington at the latest King of Ballarat, as you can see, it is a very short track. The sponsor sections seems to be disproprtionally long, but really because the track is so short and I timed it to line up with the music too. I think it is a bit long personally, but figure it won't be as bad on longer tracks and maybe different songs. Plus our sponsors are really helping us out so have to give them some decent value air time.

I think the onboard cam could be moved up and pointed down slightly to provide a better view down the trail, also the helmet cam needs to be pointed up a bit.

Any suggestions on how to improve anything from editing, filming etc would be much appreciated! Here it is:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=M9OcsVdMDz8

Cheers,

Ken

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah man! That looks sweet as! I've been trying to get the view through the shocks to work for ages! My forks are just too shoft and start getting in the way and is a crummy view. Also i think the helmet cam is probably fine, but upwards movement wouldn't hurt. Its a great video man! Good job for first attempt!

Also Evan you little cameo star :p Lucky you didn't fall off. It was close haha.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not bad at all, the sponsors section could have been slightly shorter but that all.
how did u manage to mount the camera looking through the forks?

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
not bad at all, the sponsors section could have been slightly shorter but that all.
how did u manage to mount the camera looking through the forks?
Yeah sponsor section is too long, but was lining it up to the song....and it didn't help with such a short ratio of riding compared to sponsors, hah.

We aren't using the VholdR mounts for any mounting as I don't want mounts stuck to riders race helmets.

This is my secret weapon: