Kingdom Void Trail 130 29er

metroid

Likes Bikes
Took it out on a maiden ride at Wedding Bell forest. Just off the Pacific Highway at Arrawarra Junction. If you are on your way to Brisbane from Sydney, make sure you stop by. You will be rewarded with exhilarating rides. Such a fun trail park.
Void is just rad! The longer wheel base in comparison to my other bikes just make this thing sure-footed on the descend and rail the berms better than the Intense Primer. Climbing isn't too shabby either. I thought I would have a hard time on the hills. Surprisingly climbs well with the chain on the 52 teeth rear cog. The hills are steep at the WBF.
Creaks started to creep in by the third ride, much to my annoyance. From pivotsand presumably my seat post. My hardtail Kingdom creaks too at the seat post. A spray with film adhesive sorted the creak on the hardtail. Exactly what I did when I got home with Void. The single pivot bolts had loosen as well on the rides which caused the creaks. That's my own fault for not going over it when I built it up. Creaks seem to have been sorted now. Will have to bring her out again tomorrow.
Note the water bottle is mounted on top tube. The bike bottle cage is at the down tube which is the worse position for water bottle. Hence, I mounted mine on top tube with cage less bottle. The production Void later in the year should have the bottle position sorted as I was informed.

Attachments

Last edited:

metroid

Likes Bikes
Creak was the highlight of yesterday's ride. Thought I sorted it. Happened only when I put power on pedal uphill. It was emitting from the single pivot point. Otherwise quiet with cruising speed.

After the ride, I decided to disassemble the pivot. Thanks to the split bearings frame, they were easily removed from frame. Some rubbing marks on the outer bearing cage, which is where the creak likely come from. Reassembled with small amount of grease on bearing cage. The creak seem to be truly sorted now. Simplicity of single pivot.

PS - another highlight, of course, was my mate ended in the creek! I was maybe 10sec behind and all I heard was almighty splash.

Attachments

Last edited: