Kinglake dh Sat 28th

allan_key

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

Riding Kinglake Downhill track this sat if people are interested in meeting up to have a ride, there wont be any building what so ever.

the track is only open for the top section so it will be push ups instead of shuttles.

will be there from about 10 to 3 in the arvo

Cheers mick

Last edited:

allan_key

Likes Dirt
Slats69,

This is about riding, its asking to see how many people would be interested in riding kinglake dh this weekend

slats69

Likes Dirt
ill ride it maybe my mates dad lives in king lake west man i should be out there like sat mourning if i can get there lol :D

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

Most know the drill by now, Expression of interest to riding kinglake this weekend.

No shuttles due the top section the only section ridable currently.

Cheers all
I'm gunna play the devils advocate here.

By all means if you feel you have to go and ride there do so but please don't try and organise large group rides out there here. The soil is still very unstable and all you will be doing is cutting down through the fragile top layer and causing more erosion than the enviroment can handle.

And anyone thinking of doing or already doing any work out there should just leave it alone. Plans are still bubbling along for the whole rebirth of the area as an MTB destination, some exciting things are on the horizon. Trust me.

allan_key

Likes Dirt
I'm gunna play the devils advocate here.

By all means if you feel you have to go and ride there do so but please don't try and organise large group rides out there here. The soil is still very unstable and all you will be doing is cutting down through the fragile top layer and causing more erosion than the enviroment can handle.

And anyone thinking of doing or already doing any work out there should just leave it alone. Plans are still bubbling along for the whole rebirth of the area as an MTB destination, some exciting things are on the horizon. Trust me.
Its Not playing the devils advocate thats a fair point Wisey,

this post was just leaving a regular ride that me and a few others do almost every weekend out to a few extra people if they where interested, it is never large groups (4 to 7 people max really) at kinglake due to distance and weather. (loves the rain, hail icy wind and snow :rolleyes:)

As for building, i have no part in that what so ever as the only new parts added have been jumps which sorry to shame are quite shite. i ride the track every second night basicy and im wishing that someone would remove them. Would this be something you could arange?

Cheers Mick