Kingy retires from DH racing

Kingy

Likes Bikes
Hey peeps,

After a good stint of DH racing the time has come to hang up the armour.
My last hit out at Awaba in the Hunter saw me break my hip on the notorius "Stairway to heaven"
It was a brutal stack and at first I thought I got off cheap but after a couple of seconds reality kicked in as did the pain.
Big shout out to Damian Diskan for getting me to Nepean Hospital, Tim Butler from HMBA for getting me down to the car.
Bit cloudy now but I think it was Tim who got my bike down the hill.
I have enjoyed DH but this is my second hip and at 42 you just dont mend like you do when you're 17 so yeah its time to call it a day.
Big shout out to Blackman Bicycles who have supported me for many years, GIANT bikes for looking after me over the years, I look forward to calling all you pinners down the hill and hope that you keep reading my articles in [R]evolution mag.
I aint disappearing altogether you will hopefully see me going up hills on my XC bike soon.
Thanks for all the good times at the races.

Ride on!

Kingy

good read man :) Sad your hanging it up but, just don't forget all those killer moments of the rush from hitting a new gap, riding faster and beyond your limit, and those effortless Sunday afternoons of infinite shuttle runs. Oh, wasnt meant to get you back into downhill :p... Good luck with the recovery too :)