$/kms

stirk

Burner
Is this an equation that any other normal human being has ever looked at?

Should anyone have to justify the value of their bike, in a cost/ km sense?

Is he just driving his car too much?
Answers to the questions.

Q: Is this an equation that any other normal human being has ever looked at?
A: No, he's not normal.

Q: Should anyone have to justify the value of their bike, in a cost/ km sense?
A: Not ever.

Q: Is he just driving his car too much?
A: Probably not but he is driving himself a little nuts justifying the spend by comparing it to a car. Didn't say what model BMW, makes a (not so huge) difference to the equation.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Poorly worked out equation.

You need to factor in the costs of insurance, fuel, registration, health and servicing/repairs/consumables.

Plus chicks dig pinned, single track shredding machines, which we all are of course.
Definitely a poorly worked equation. Based solely on purchase price it *might* roughly balance, but as soon as you factor in having to pay just to make the bloody car go things will blow out pretty quickly. A car with a fairly real-world average economy of 8L/100km, and with petrol at a fairly real world average of $1.30/litre eats 10.4c/km just in fuel. You have to eat anyway, so fuelling the bike essentially costs nothing.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
I figure a therapist costs around $90 a visit.. Mountain bike ride removes need for therapist. Ride 3x a week.. So $270 ahead there.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Have to factor in the damage driving your car does to the environment.
If only that was actually done... But even when we did have carbon pricing it was politically unpalatable to include transport fuels.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Late night out with friends = XTR 11 Speed Derailleur and Shifter / Carbon cockpit
Holy moly, whats a late night out with friends??? 3 course meal at Nobu and 5 bottles of Moet each???

A night out for me would probably be worth about a pair of grips lol ($10 goon, 6 x $5 drinks in the club, give the taxi the neighbours address and do a runner :nono:)

Z

Zaf

Holy moly, whats a late night out with friends??? 3 course meal at Nobu and 5 bottles of Moet each???

A night out for me would probably be worth about a pair of grips lol ($10 goon, 6 x $5 drinks in the club, give the taxi the neighbours address and do a runner :nono:)
You're a lot classier than I am.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Where the fuck do you find a night club that sells drinks for $5?? Last time I went anywhere near a night club it cost me more than that for water.