Knapsack Trails

Hey guys,

I'm planning on riding Knapsack soon and am wondering if riding multiple loops of the DH track is possible? Is there a fire trail linking road or XC trail, etc to get you back to the beginning? And is the XC trail a loop? (BTW: I'm fine riding up a fire trail and down again on a downhill track)

Thanks,
Samuel

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Locals who do this probably will know better, but I think to ride up is when you get to the bottom on the asphalt footpath you turn right and ride along this then up beside the barrier near the highway to up the old railway ZigZag past the RAAF base, mushroom farms and then get back on the trails at Barnett St and work your way back up the XC trails to the DH start.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Follow the shared path at the bottom of the DH track (left) to the car turning circle / pickup spot ... on the left side of the road (looking to penrith) ... you'll see a couple of walking tracks / fire road / goat tracks ... looking up hill take the one on the extreme right heading straight up ... from memory you'll see some sandstone steps ... its an eroded mess with lots of baby heads, generally not a nice push, but its shorter than the pedal up, which would also sux on a DH.

or you could ride up Mitchells pass to the quarry entrance and push back up the quarry FT to the start of the DH ... also sucky

Alternatively, there is a trail that skirts the RAAF fence line and ends up at the mushrooms ... I don't know it that well, but you cross Lennox bridge and head towards the mustard gas testing place / railway cutting ... I get lost from there soz.