POS Knolly Warden build

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Hey ladies and gents,

Just received my new knolly warden 650b and thought I would do a build thread. I was originally planning my build around a Raw Warden frame, but unfortunately they don't have any available in Aus at the moment. With limited colour options, as I've already got a green downhill bike, I opted for the anno black with day-glow decals.
Interesting thing... I already ordered a variety of purple anno parts to build the raw frame up. This put a stick in the works once I found out the lack of availability the raw frame. So it got me thinking if the purple might work with the black and Day-glow. I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but it's going to be different.

I'm still missing a few parts and will build this up over the next couple of weeks.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
The yellow/purple combo should look pretty sweet!

What shock are you going to run? was it a frame only/no shock purchase?
Look forward to seeing it built!

cjm102

Likes Dirt
The frame came with a Cane Creek DB Air CS, just haven't installed it yet.

I can't wait to see how this turns out myself.

cjm102

Likes Dirt
The build is somewhat on a budget and had to cut costs in places.

Frame: Knolly Warden
Shock: CC DB CS
Fork: Pike (black)
Headset: Cane creek
Seat post: KS dropper 150mm
Bars: RF Sixc 35 carbon 760mm
Stem: RF Atlas 35
Brakes: XT 180mm F/R
Cranks: XT 170mm
Chainring: RF narrow/wide 34t
Shifter/mech: XT
Cassette: XT 11-36
Chain: XTR
Pedals: XTR trail
Hubs: Hope Pro II
Rims: Genuine imitation Enve

Some things still undecided.

phillywa

Likes Dirt
Since I am a knolly podium owner and I have a warden on order, I approve this build up. Looking forward to the finished build mate.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Sounds like it will be killer when built, purple on black will look bad arse.
Never thought I would use the words bad arse and purple in the same sentence.
Look forward to more pics when it is all done.

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Ordering some rim decals today, unsure if I should order some fancy decals for the forks too, what do you guys think? For the rims I'm thinking about day-glow yellow Enve like this:

Attachments

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Ordering some rim decals today, unsure if I should order some fancy decals for the forks too, what do you guys think? For the rims I'm thinking about day-glow yellow Enve like this:
If you're looking at fork decals, have a chat to Magneto Industries

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd say just do the fork decals and leave the wheels blacked out.
I've always thought enve decals on fake enve rims is a bit pointless, but that's just my 2 cents.

Very keen to get a test ride on one of the wardens, i think the purple/yellow/black colour scheme is going to look sweet.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Very interested in seeing how this unfolds. I'm hoping to buy a Warden soon. Just waiting for Endless Flow to get back to me with XL frame availability. Also unsure on colour. Really like the black/yellow but now I'm leaning towards the blue/orange.

Did you get to see a blue/orange before you got the black?

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Very interested in seeing how this unfolds. I'm hoping to buy a Warden soon. Just waiting for Endless Flow to get back to me with XL frame availability. Also unsure on colour. Really like the black/yellow but now I'm leaning towards the blue/orange.

Did you get to see a blue/orange before you got the black?
I believe Michael was talking about you over the weekend,

the only thing stopping me getting the blue/orange was my previously purchased purple parts... my girlfriend didn't think they would match.

That orange one previously posted looks fantastic!

phillywa

Likes Dirt
I bought a green small one off michael, wanted a raw one but he didn't have it in stock. Michael is a good bloke to deal with.