Know of/used any cheap automotive tyre sealants?

moorey

call me Mia
Yes, the bright green shit, tho it does have a black fleck. It’s thick too, but you got to get the right green slime. They do one to put in tubes and another that is for tubeless. It’s great stuff, and lasts for 2 years without top up. Unlike others like Stans that require regular top up. No more Stans balls, no more Stans aftermarth as it just hoses out.

sound like you not a read da label ‍♂
Read it. Tried it. Awful.

Hey

Likes Bikes
Read it. Tried it. Awful.
That’s ok, I’ve only ever had success using it.
when you say “Tried it” you know you are not supposed to drink it right... you may froth at the mouth if you do. I would not think you would do such a thing, but I have seen some stupid shit on the internet ‍♂
I’m just really glad it works better than Stans for me and it last longer and is cheaper. Winning

moorey

call me Mia
Wait...not drink the lime spider?

Was so thick and gloopy, that a normal amount wasn’t coating and moving around in the tyre.
Unless the puncture was anywhere other than centre of the tread, I can’t see it getting to the required spot.

Glad it works for you, not my cuppa.

Reactions: Hey

Flow-Rider

Burner
That’s ok, I’ve only ever had success using it.
when you say “Tried it” you know you are not supposed to drink it right... you may froth at the mouth if you do. I would not think you would do such a thing, but I have seen some stupid shit on the internet ‍♂
I’m just really glad it works better than Stans for me and it last longer and is cheaper. Winning
I keep on seeing good online reviews for stan's but the only 3 people that I know that use it in the real world, seem to have more problems than anyone else I personally know with tubeless but there are quite a lot of variations as to why it would fail.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Wait...not drink the lime spider?

Was so thick and gloopy, that a normal amount wasn’t coating and moving around in the tyre.
Unless the puncture was anywhere other than centre of the tread, I can’t see it getting to the required spot.

Glad it works for you, not my cuppa.
I had the same initial thought, wayyyyy too thick to do anything. Turns out it waters down ok though, literally just add water and it works.

I can't comment on longevity or puncture sealing, but if the mix is right there is far less sidewall leak than I get with Stan's. Not sure if I'll buy slime again, but definitely won't buy Stan's again either. Joe's is the best I've used so far...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk