Knowledge

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
i have picked up soooo much information about mtbs, how to fix them, the dodgy ways out etc.

is everyone else learing here??

forums are really good ways of teaching !!

thanks ppl !!

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
guys i reckon the best place for info is in forums - the best thing to try is trial and error and learning from other peoples mistakes and configs

if only we had a tech forum in here

Rik

logged out
fastrider gus said:
the internet is full of geeks

Heh, it's true though...
anyway, I've learnt heaps from trawling forums, there's so much info out there, and whilst the signal to noise ratio is a bit low, it's still easy to learn heaps just by participating in forums.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He says the net is full of geeks,maybe so, but some of them ride too.Does that make their input less important than yours?
You dont need to take everything you hear on the net as gospel.There are alot of people who know vast amounts more about bikes than us here and a few who dont. Learn what you can guys,its all good. Besides does spending too much time on the computer make you a geek?if so how many posts have you done?

DOM

Eats Squid
well unlike the brothers of geeeeeeeeelong word up.

I have a fulltime Job .. so cannot ride in the day ?? hence running a website ???

NERD UP yo sup

Ryan

Radministrator
I have a job, only it's a night job so I can ride, work on a website AND earn money...NERD UP my bizatches!

jayboy882003

Likes Dirt
live_to_ride said:
i have picked up soooo much information about mtbs, how to fix them, the dodgy ways out etc.

is everyone else learing here??

forums are really good ways of teaching !!

thanks ppl !!
yeah i agree. i have learnt too. if wouldn't have my new bike if it wasnt for FARKIN.net!! thanks

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
lol DOM - your avatar? is that how u feel about running a website?? well TOO bad, farkin.net is kewl keep it runnin... and about the subject, yes i have learnt a lot, but its sometimes hard to understand when people are explaining how to fix certain things your just like "WTFz0r"

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Hey Peachy, if I over "tech" a subject, or am being unclear I don't mind at all if you ask for further explanation... and I reckon most of the other people here would think the same. Asking questions is one of the best ways for anyone to learn and only a dick head thinks someone is silly for asking them... simple as that.

And yeah... I've learnt heaps from all of you guys. Thanks

S.

ex offender
The best way to learn stuff IMO, is to start a gigantic argument over whatever it is that you want to learn. So much information gets plastered everywhere, and you really get to see a lot more of both sides of a situation than just asking a question.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Socket said:
The best way to learn stuff IMO, is to start a gigantic argument over whatever it is that you want to learn. So much information gets plastered everywhere, and you really get to see a lot more of both sides of a situation than just asking a question.
Well that's a unique and, on the surface of it, a really stupid way of going about things... but brush my bum with bristly brush if it doesn't also make sense to me. Thanks Steve.

phreeky

Likes Bikes
Learnt heaps on the forums has saved me $$$$
and kept my ride out of the work shop which is just more $$$ and they dont always fix it more $$$
so yea the forums help and is a good place for newbies to start to