Kona 2013-14 VDHS Seeding

Puppet Master

Likes Dirt
OK kids there is a slight change to the seeding policy for the 2013-14 VDHS. So don't give the girls at rego any grief!

Elite Men top 20 will be seeded from series overall standings.

ALL other categories, top 10 will be seeded

This is to make life much easier for the volunteers that run rego.

While we're on the subject of making life easier for the rego girls (and you too!) make sure you enter online go here jsut over 24 hours left!

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I don't know if it's because it's 2am and I need sleep, but I don't quite understand....

Are top 20 overall in Elite protected now?
How does the top 10 in other cats work. We are already starting in season ranking order, so watch changes here? Top 10 get a timed seeding run before the race?

Should I just go to sleep?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know if it's because it's 2am and I need sleep, but I don't quite understand....

Are top 20 overall in Elite protected now?
How does the top 10 in other cats work. We are already starting in season ranking order, so watch changes here? Top 10 get a timed seeding run before the race?

Should I just go to sleep?
dont quite understand either.
if someone would care to explain further?

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I just checked that 30 elites go through (been a while since my last Vic race).

What happens if some top 20 guys crash or make mistakes and end up outside the top 30?

Do they become the 21st 22nd... qualifiers or will the top 30 fastest times plus any protected riders go down the hill in finals?

Since I was only planning on doing a race or two this year, just wondering if its now harder to qualify?

Puppet Master

Likes Dirt
Ok So to explain a little better...

When you go to rego on Saturday morning at any of the VDHS races you get given a nice shiny new number board. If you are in the top 20 in the overall series standings in the elite category then you will have the number the corresponds to your position in the overall standings (i.e. Dean Lucas is 1st overall in the Elite category so will have the number 1 and his name displayed on his plate, Tom Wyatt is in 2nd overall so will have number 2 displayed etc, etc.) if you finish outside of the top 20 in the elite category then you will have the next available number assigned to you in registration. i.e. Chris O'Brien is 26th overall but is the 2nd elite male to enter on line so will have number 22. The first elite rider to enter for Granton did not race at Mt. Major, so currently has no series points, has race plate number 21.

This same rule applies to all other categories but only to the top 10 (it used to be the top 20.)

It does not affect any runs people get as we don't do seeding runs on the weekend and there are no protected positions, if you crash or have a mechanical in your qualifier, well that's just bad luck. The Elite men and Women, U17 and U19 cats get a qualifying run. The top 30 in Elite Men and the top 20 in Elite Women, U19 and U17 qualify for the finals.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

While I'm here I just thought I'd remind everyone to enter online... we're being nice and you can enter online up until 7pm today (Thursday 7th November) we won't be sorting the rego database until tonight so you've got a bit more time!! go here to enter

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
Makes sense now.

Though I will never be a top 10 rider. I got a lot of motivation out of trying to improve my race number as the season progressed. Now it seems I don't have that, as any overall season placing outside the top 10 is irrelevant. :mad2::violin:

I don't know how hard it is for the rego staff as I have never worked it, but it is disappointing that it has to be that way. All for the sake of clerical comfort.

Additionally, I think it would be cool to have top 10 elite protected for their races. I think it should be considered for next season..... my thoughts.