KONA Clock2clock Challenge, Sunday March 4th 2012, Woodend

Great news! The KONA clock2clock Challenge now has a new race centre in Woodend at the St Ambrose primary school. Thank you to St Ambrose for letting us use the grounds. It is a fantastic addition to the event being very close to town meaning non riding family and friends coming up to woodend can wander in to check out the local cafes etc.

MJG

Likes Dirt
Pre-race reconnaissance ride

The early Saturday morning Woodend crew are going to do a lap of the race course this Sat 11 Feb, and also on Sat 25 Feb. We leave from the Woodend Clocktower, nominally at 0615 but it's more like 0620 - 0625 by the time everyone's ready to roll. Pace will be far from fast, and we frequently wait to regroup. The 35 km will take us around 2 - 2.5 hrs. You won't need lights. A decent MTB with disc brakes is recommended, rim brakes will be a bit dicey on the descent of the chute.

There will likely be other pre-race rides of the course at more sociable hours, best ask GuidePaul for details.

Steve75

Squid
I rode from woodend to the winery today for the first time,got a bit lost around the college, eventually found the right track

the chute....wow,And the fire trail to winery how much fun is that!

Really thinking about entering, first ever race

fergo

Likes Dirt
I rode from woodend to the winery today for the first time,got a bit lost around the college, eventually found the right track

the chute....wow,And the fire trail to winery how much fun is that!

Really thinking about entering, first ever race
If you are local or want to travel, on thursday evenings we will be riding parts (if not all of it) leading up to the event. Rides start at 6:30pm from the clock tower in Woodend.

Steve75

Squid
If you are local or want to travel, on thursday evenings we wiyll be riding parts (if not all of it) leading up to the event. Rides start at 6:30pm from the clock tower in Woodend.
Sounds good, I live in sunbury..what level are you guys? I will be entering the 35km race

I had to walk up the last 60 metres of the track before the right turn to the chute and also up the other side of the chute

Last edited:
Sounds good, I live in sunbury..what level are you guys? I will be entering the 35km race

I had to walk up the last 60 metres of the track before the right turn to the chute and also up the other side of the chute
Gday Steve. Its a very mixed group we normally just chat while waiting for everyone to catch up. There will be two groups tonight from the clock tower though. A faster group will go up the Mount and do the trails you found to the Winery. A slower group will do the last part from the Winery and on to all the single track in the Pinies.

For this year there is a new event centre location at St Ambrose Primary School in Woodend. Bourkies Bakehouse is supplying the feed stations with delicious slices. There is more single track and a simplified format, 1 loop or 2! Heaps of classes and prizes. Check out www.link2trail.com.au for maps, garmin link, pre-rides and all the race details.

I was out on the track the other night, I was very impressed with the work the crew are putting into the track

Once again it's going to be an amazing course, hope you all can make it.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
This was an excellent event last year, and I imagine it will be even better this year. It's a brilliant course, and well worth the effort. Great organisation, too. The local community really get behind it.

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
Stats

The bellow link is to my Garmin site and is the exact track that will be raced. PLUS 1.6km in the winery and about .5km in town. The 1st main climb has 2.5 km of sealed rd before you hit dirt. This climb starts 2.6 km out of town so that a total of 5 km of sealed. This climb is 4.5km long (but seems longer) and max's out at about 20%. Any questions just ask.

Also Tuesday night we have a working bee to clear the chute if anyone would like to help.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/150685696

MJG

Likes Dirt
The bellow link is to my Garmin site and is the exact track that will be raced. PLUS 1.6km in the winery and about .5km in town. The 1st main climb has 2.5 km of sealed rd before you hit dirt. This climb starts 2.6 km out of town so that a total of 5 km of sealed. This climb is 4.5km long (but seems longer) and max's out at about 20%. Any questions just ask.

Also Tuesday night we have a working bee to clear the chute if anyone would like to help.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/150685696
What time for the working bee and where do we meet?

Raked The Chute last night. There is a much smoother line now. Not to mention fast!! Hopefully our moto and 4WD friends can repect the 2hours of labour that went into it untill after the race. 8 keen workers attended.

Just a reminder about the course pre-ride at 10am Sunday meeting at the Clock tower.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Top fun, I'll be there. Just doing the 35km this year; a "short little sprint" up to the top of Mount Macedon, the blur that is "The Chute", and then the fun of the Pines...

I've missed Woodend, haven't ridden there since Mountain Challenge 3. The course will help the people that will race at the Duael get familiar with the trail in the Pine plantation...