Kona Honzo owners

mgcook

Cannon Fodder
Hi Guys

I'm in the market for a new hardtail and just wanted some opinions or experiences with the Kona Honzo. I'm looking for a bike to use mostly for the more 'XC' style tracks in Victoria ie. Lysterfield, Forrest, buxton and Anglesea, but I also enjoy hitting a few jumps and rock gardens at You Yangs every now and then too. I don't intend to race or worry about strava too much, but is this bike overkill regarding weight and geometry this sort of riding.

Cheers guys

Mike

Go

Likes Dirt
Hi Mike
Have owned one since April. Bought the frame and built it up with a really nice spec. Absolutely love it. It corners really well and still climbs like a hardtail even though is on the heavy side. The best way to describe it is a XC bike that doesn't want to kill you whem pushed hard. If you like climbing lots i would get a 120 mm fork
I got a 130 pike and the front gets light on steep climbs.
If you are worried about the weight ans can afford it get the Ti frame or the new carbon one, they look sick. The Explosif seems like a really fun bike also.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Go

Likes Dirt
To finish answering your question I think is pretty perfect for the trails you are mentioning. I swapped my Scott Scale carbon for this and couldn't be happier. My usual trails are Plenty Gorge, Smiths Gully and Youies and it's perfect for it. AM hardtails are a lot of fun and a good compromise between short travel trail bike and full XC race machine

mgcook

Cannon Fodder
To finish answering your question I think is pretty perfect for the trails you are mentioning. I swapped my Scott Scale carbon for this and couldn't be happier. My usual trails are Plenty Gorge, Smiths Gully and Youies and it's perfect for it. AM hardtails are a lot of fun and a good compromise between short travel trail bike and full XC race machine

Thanks Go

Awesome bike and also exactly the info i'm after. At this stage my budget only allows the base 2016 aluminum kit, but i'm just having a look at the deluxe model and trying to work out if the upgrade for an extra $1000 is worth it. thanks

Go

Likes Dirt
I'd say spend the extra coin on the DL, much better spec than the AL but for 3k you should be able to get a frame ( $999 ) and build it up if you shop around. Steel is real.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
is a free audio converter that installs quickly, has a minimal interface, and isn't hard to use. Wow! The Free M4a to MP3 Converter installed so easily, was super easy to use, and BAM! my files were converted in (and I'm not kidding) about 90 seconds , download, install, and conversion. GREAT product! Kar to mp3 converter download Recommended Site: http://www.magicaudiotools.com/convert-kar-to-mp3 risk red .kar heart
Put a sock in it you drongo.

Z

Zaf

Groupe Sportif are the importer (same guys that do Race Face), but most any of the dealers should be able to get the frames in. If they're not usually available in our market (some models are restricted) you can usually still get one in, but expect a lead time on receiving it, as well as no deals and paying in advance, as they have to special order it with the next batch.