Rear derailleur - Deore
Front shifter - Deore
Rear shifter - Deore
Front hub - Shimano
Rear hub - Novatec
Front rim - Sun DS2
Rear rim - Sun DS2
Tyres - Rear Kenda Kinetics, Front Maxxis Larsen TT

Smashed the rear rim of my main trail bike and figured I needed a budget backup bike, at least while the new rear wheel is being built. Picked up this bit of history for the princely sum of $300. Bit of a tidy up and a few replacement bits I had lying around and she's good to go. About the only thing I'll change is the rubbish pedals and possibly a rigid fork down the track.

The damping unit in the Zoks was frozen solid so I turfed it. Fork now tops out a bit but with plenty of air pressure, new oil and the rebound backed right off they actually go ok haha. Feels like a DJ fork.

The only 26ers I've been riding these days are trials bikes... so I'd almost forgotten how much fun a 26" wheeled mtb was. Had gotten so used to 29ers on the trail.
Fun bike, and nice to have a backup rig.

20180703_164144 by Stewart Hall, on Flickr

20180703_164204 by Stewart Hall, on Flickr

safreek

The 26r rocks eh, that's why some of us never leave. Good work on getting a lightish kona.
I was going to laugh at the grand fondle fork but that wouldn't be right in this day and age:oops:
Good work

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Good work on getting a lightish kona.
Yeah I was surprised how light it is. And with those short chainstays, it feels like it just wants to wheelie everywhere! My main ride is a steel framed Honzo. Brilliant bike... but light it aint.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk