Kona Mawson MTB Marathon

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Got the team sorted for a non stop pairs entry. Mate just needs admin approval and the planning process will start.

Looks like it will be an epic ride.

Win

Likes Dirt
I'm think about the non-stop pairs attempt also, a much more appealing 24hr-ish race than going around in circles

bear the bear

Is a real bear
When the Bear read this, he was hoping it was going to be a continous p2p race for solo's as well. As this could have been something truly epic.
He lost interest when he found out that solo's was run over over 3 days.

thomast

Likes Bikes
When the Bear read this, he was hoping it was going to be a continous p2p race for solo's as well. As this could have been something truly epic.
I thought it was a continuous p2p race for teams of 2 as long as you carried the gear specified.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Do it with a mate. Your still doing the p2p in one go, just means you have a break down buddy.

Win

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure the pair thing is a safety thing as much as anything. There's a good chance you could be riding all night without seeing another soul, it's not going to be a 500 participant event with a marshall on every corner

macboy

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure the pair thing is a safety thing as much as anything. There's a good chance you could be riding all night without seeing another soul, it's not going to be a 500 participant event with a marshall on every corner
I agree. It won't be like a 24 race in which you go past transition every lap or see heaps of people on track. Although a pair, you partner won't be riding your bike for you, you still have to do the distance. If you had a nasty spill or big mechanical in the middle of the night and in the middle of no where I'm sure you'll be glad to have a pertner.

I'm looking forward to it. I reckon it'll be much harder than a 24solo race. Especially if you're going to do the three hikes.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
I've heard there's a fair bit of fireroad... but the idea of a non-lap point to point 24hr is quite appealing (although I guess you'd be hoping to go sub24...)

The most challenging thing will be organising logistics... Carrying food / water / lights will be a pain. I've heard that crew can follow in a 4wd though which might be the gee ohhh... road trip to Mawson anyone?