Kona Satori Vs. Transition Two9

Macr

Likes Dirt
There are two new bikes coming out for next year, which tickle my fancy for a trail bike.

The Transition Two9 and the Kona Satori.

Both of these bikes fit the bill for what I am looking for in a bike. Over 100mm of travel, tapered steerer, 12mm thru axle rear, 15/20mm thru axle front and All Mountain geometry. Need to compare the geometry, to see which would be the best for me.

Now to save some money and decide what I prefer. That is, unless something else that fits the bill does not come out and tickle my fancy.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've never owned a bike that has more than 100mm of travel. 5 inches and more on a 29er would be a completely new paradigm.

A few years back longer travel 29ers were inconceivable. They're headed towards the mainstream now just like short travel duallies did.

Macr

Likes Dirt
100mm is what I was aiming for, but I wanted it to be stiff front and rear, as the flex in wheels is enough, without adding frame flex to the equation. I will never be competitive if I start racing again, so i want a bike which I can ride all day and enjoy riding. I am over race geometry and so is my back. So it is fun, fun, fun for me, with the occasional enduro to race for shits and giggles.

They look alright though, don't they?

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Really like the look of that Transition. Front end is way slack for a 29er. I must demo one.
Interesting how this has progressed - all this business about the extra trail etc on 29ers must be less important than initially appreciated (??).
Niner similarly slackened the RIP and WFO with the current models.