DH Kona Stinky 2005

Jambo

Likes Dirt
Yes you read that correct, here we have is a 2005 kona stinky, dragged out of storage from retirement.

Had not used this rig since 2009. After a few mates started riding i thought what the heck, i'll either get a new rig or patch up this bad boy to join them.

Hayes brakes were seized so swapped them out with XTs and ice tech 8"s thanks to merlin cycles. rebuilt front and rear suspension replaced seals, replaced bearings, new chain and cluster. New seat clamp. The other mods are still in tact from its hay day..

cost me about $300 to get it back to hucking condition ;-)

weight: farkin heavy!

_MG_4122.jpg
_MG_4121.jpg
_MG_4127.jpg
_MG_4116.jpg
IMG_41172.jpg
IMG_4119.jpg
IMG_4129.jpg
IMG_4125.jpg
IMG_4118.jpg
IMG_4124.jpg

Jambo

Likes Dirt
Nice! That's really tidy for its age :smile:
sure is, when it was in action from 2005 i did have a frame protector skin on it that took most, if not all of the impact and shuttle grazes, i removed the skin before putting it away in storage.

When i got it out, It was caked with dust and surface rust spots on the bolts, components and a bit of corrosion but i've cleaned all of that up as you can see.

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
Very tidy mate. I am now having second thoughts about selling my Stinky. Apart from the weight they are just great bikes to ride, no matter how unco l ride :madgrin:

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
That looks great! Those were very popular when I started riding and I remember lusting over them in the local bike shop.

will2

Likes Dirt
The colour and text font reminds me of the Jeeps used in the Vietnam war. Bloody Nice bike, you would have to have some powerful legs to move her around wouldn't you?