kona stinky o6

BEN ROBBO

Likes Bikes
hey can any1 tell me y drop off triples are so bad, as soon as i put the slightest amount of air in them they go heaps hard and wen i hav no air in them i bottom out to the max, should i put heaveir oil in them or what can some1 tell me coz its really pissen me off, cheers

Plow King

Little bit.
hey can any1 tell me y drop off triples are so bad, as soon as i put the slightest amount of air in them they go heaps hard and wen i hav no air in them i bottom out to the max, should i put heaveir oil in them or what can some1 tell me coz its really pissen me off, cheers
What exactly do you mean 'bottom out'... Do they use all their travel, or is there a large clunking noise.

All forks are supposed to use all their travel. Look at dh racers when they're in corners...

BEN ROBBO

Likes Bikes
yer they make a clunk noie eache time i jump but they do use all there travel with no air like they shud but with the air it gets hard as rock

Plow King

Little bit.
ha yer i am i may be a novice but i aint stupid
Alright then.. Your options include...

New springs in the forks... A heavier grade oil, or more air in the forks...

HAve you ever tried putting a very small amount of air in each fork leg...?

Changing the springs in the forks will allow you to run no air in the forks, which means they will still be as plush as before but slighty stiffer.

IMO! I'd probably change forks and upgrade to new ones, you can pick up 888s on this site for 500 bucks and they would out perform the drop offs signifiicantly.

Last edited:

BEN ROBBO

Likes Bikes
Alright then.. Your options include...

New springs in the forks... A heavier grade oil, or more air in the forks...

HAve you ever tried putting a very small amount of air in each forks...?

Changing the springs in the forks will allow you to run no air in the forks, which means they will still be as plush as before but slighty stiffer.

IMO! I'd probably change forks and upgrade to new ones, you can pick up 888s on this site for 500 bucks and they would out perform the drop offs signifiicantly.
great thanx mate

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dude, you've got one chance to stop using MSN/TXT style spelling.

Try writing normally please.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Got a mate who rides his drop off triple's pretty hard and has never had a problem, he's not the lightest fella either. He said only thing with them is they dont soak up the small bumps as well as some other forks.

goggin

Likes Dirt
Dot

Hey mate no one has asked this but what air pressure are you putting in the forks? If you are following the manual for these forks you are way off. Try putting in 5-10psi in each leg.

Andy!

Likes Dirt
Try adjusting the rebound on the forks so that they begin to rebound before legs fall to far towards the bottom and bottom out, u will need a special tool for this which brunswick street cycles can order in for you and will cost roughly $30. Hope that helps, if not take it to your LBS and they'll give u a hand.

wofta

Squid
Hi if you are having trouble finding the rebound it is internal on these forks what you are better of doing is replace the oil to a heavier wieght maybe a 15 and adjust the rebound which you will need a rod or long allen key to fit inside the leg of the fork you want to slow down the rebound, and run the specified air pressure psi which you will find on the mazocchi website these are a good alround fork...
all the best Terry.......