Kona Stuff

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please disregard the first 3 links, very old and no longer working. Updated pics added.

02 Kona Stuff

03 Craftworks FRM

And my 02 WR250F

Edit: Hey guys, been a few years since doing anything but bike path stuff(or visiting this place), but reckon it's time to get back out on the dirt. So i've given the old Kona the once over. Replaced a few bit's and pieces, Looking forward to getting out for a ride this weekend.

New pics of old bike...

Attachments

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
It's a piggyback reservoir for the rear shock Nathan.
Gutty: Is that a clear lexan-style bashguard I see on that FRM125? It doesn't look like an evil/e13, what is it?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
someone once said the same about computers.. for about 4 months i bleived the,,,, now i dont not.. its a disillusiojn...... cost too much damn modey.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryan said:
It's a piggyback reservoir for the rear shock Nathan.
Gutty: Is that a clear lexan-style bashguard I see on that FRM125? It doesn't look like an evil/e13, what is it?
Yeah, it's a lexan bashgaurd. I'm a CNC machinist so it makes sense for me to make my own stuff sometimes and IMO the evil/e13 is the best designed chainguide going around, so i copied it.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brett said:
is that the standard linkage on the frm ?
Nope, another custom bit, The standard FRM has a small problem that when the suspension is fully compressed the linkage/seatstay pivot hits the seat tube. As i had planned on getting the Avy for it from the beggining i figured why not go for a bit more travel while i'm at it so i ordered an Avy that was 2.25" stroke instead of the standard 2" stroke. Obviously i would have had problems with the linkage pivot hitting the seatube even more so i made some new linkage plates that move that pivot back and away from the seat tube while keeping the suspension ratio at around 3:1(actually came out at about 3.2:1). So in the end i have a bit over 7" rear travel and the linkage pivot doesn't hit the seat tube.

I actually have a spare set that look a little different but have the same geometry if any of you have an 03 FRM you'd like to play around with. Sorry but they don't work on the older models. I've tried them on my 01 model and they didn't work.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Psyloman said:
thats a sweet craftworks how do u like the avy¿
Best rear shock on the planet IMO. I'm first and foremost an MXer, i wanted the rear suspension to feel just like my YZ that i had at the time and the Avy is pretty much the only way to get that feel from a MTB. Though i have yet to try the new El Jeffe from Stratos or the new Vanilla DH, these are supposed to be very similar to the Avy as far as i know.
In the little time i've spent on it i'm very very impressed. especially concidering my Fox blew/started leaking the first day of riding.

Thanks for all the compliments guys :)

CHEWY

Eats Squid
WRF would have to be the best ride there, i used to be a MX rider but i hurt myself real bad one day and then just got over the whole motie thing. would have loved to have the WRF a couple of years ago

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brett said:

link on the craftworks looks a lot like this schwinn concept.
yeah, thats the Banshee Scream linkage on that Schwinn, all three brands(Banshee,Craftworks,Schwinn) are made in the same factory. I had originally made a linkage similar to that on a Stinky but it didn't suit the Craftworks one bit. Yes, mine is very similar.