KONA's stuff V's hoss

first i got goin with the stuff vs the hotdog, but now its under challenge from its own kin, kona stuff is $1400, kona hoss is $1200, worth it or not... i cant work it out

thanks

~Micka

FuTAnT

Likes Dirt
tree_slammer said:
first i got goin with the stuff vs the hotdog, but now its under challenge from its own kin, kona stuff is $1400, kona hoss is $1200, worth it or not... i cant work it out

thanks

~Micka
Hey Micka

I went through this a little while ago when trying to buy my bike. I compared the two, and they are quite a different bike. The Hoss is more of an aggressive hard tail, as where the Stuff is a Dirt Jumper. Basically the Stuff will be able to take bigger hits and more abuse. Take a close look at the rear triangle and you'll notice where the extra dollars is spent. Having said that, you'de be stupid not to look at the Norco Sasquatch at the RRP of $1500. I bought a Norco Rampage and got a decent deal at $1650 and I'm totally happy with it. The Norco range at the moment is really serving up some curry to the competition. I'de say the Kona frame is better, but the Norco certainly aint shabby!

Food for thought, do some research, see what you think.

tu plang

knob
FuTAnT said:
tree_slammer said:

thanks

~Micka
Hey Micka

I went through this a little while ago when trying to buy my bike. I compared the two, and they are quite a different bike. The Hoss is more of an aggressive hard tail, as where the Stuff is a Dirt Jumper. Basically the Stuff will be able to take bigger hits and more abuse. Take a close look at the rear triangle and you'll notice where the extra dollars is spent. Having said that, you'de be stupid not to look at the Norco Sasquatch at the RRP of $1500. I bought a Norco Rampage and got a decent deal at $1650 and I'm totally happy with it. The Norco range at the moment is really serving up some curry to the competition. I'de say the Kona frame is better, but the Norco certainly aint shabby!

Food for thought, do some research, see what you think.
hmmm id say u have just thrown a rock at a wasps nest...

Tomas

my mum says im cool
I AM A WASP....*zzzz*

[bite]THE STUFF FRAME IS NOT NICER..... ITS UGLY, SMALL and HANDELS LIKE A SHOPPING TROLLY[/bite]

That wasnt true.. i just didnt like the stuff

tu plang

knob
neways back to topic.
as the catalogue/website say the hoss is more a big guys xc bike where as the stuff is a fr/dj bike

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I have a new hoss, and i dearly love it. I am a clydesdale rider, so for me it is the perfect xc bike. It is the same tubing as the stuff, but with xc size and geometry. The stuff is a jump and play bike, so it is sized accordingly.

And, ROM, as much as i respect your choice, the stuff makes the sasqy frame ride and feel like turd when jumping and riding in the bowl, but maybe not for hucking (but who hucks on a hardtail anyway).