Kore chainrings

Daisy

Likes Dirt
Anyone using Kore?
I'm looking at a 30t Kore to replace my Hope 32t (I can highly recommend Hope......just want to try another brand).
I have 1x10, 11-42 cassette & was wondering if you can recommend Kore?
Kore Tooth profile seems tall which is what I'm after. Not keen for Race Face as they seem to have the shortest tooth height of ALL narrow wide on the market.
Cheers, Daisy

moorey

call me Mia
I ordered one a couple of days ago. Agreed the tooth profile looks hoooooge. Am actually worried that it will be a little noisy, with the chain rubbing on the high and low gears, but sure looks like it will hold a chain well.

Daisy

Likes Dirt
What colour did you get?
Does it match your bike OR stand out?
I'd go purple......stand out.

moorey

call me Mia
What colour did you get?
Does it match your bike OR stand out?
I'd go purple......stand out.
You're confusing me with a lady-boy. :fear:
Standard black. Not a colour matching kinda guy...
Not even sure what bike it's going on. Looked like a good design and very well priced, so thought I'd have a crack (direct mount SRAM..hopefully the right offset, spec didn't say)

josh_psyosphere

Likes Bikes
taller tooth chainrings hold the chain on well but there have they downs. They are louder for one cause of more chain contact to the ring and cause of more contact they wear alot quicker and if you are using a chain guides depending which ones if your chain comes off can make it hard to put back on . With chainring it comes down to the style and type of riding being done like you wouldn't use a narrow or thinner rings for downhill. After years of riding i use Hope chainrings now they are strong, very lite & a awesome design. But still wouldn't go past Blackspire or E13

josh_psyosphere

Likes Bikes
forgot to add taller teeth brake easier cause of the extra length of the tooth, it puts more stresses at the tip of each teeth

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
One Up for me, they have threaded bolt holes so you never have to deal with those stupid chainring nuts again (without having to change cranks to direct mount) !

Last edited:
Just installed an E13 Guide Ring in place of an X01 ring. Definitely worth thinking about. Holds the chain well and pretty quiet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daisy

Likes Dirt
Got it today. Pretty much the same design to my current Hope chainring........very happy indeed.
However, it's more of a rich purple colour. The pics on chain reaction make it look pinky purple.
All these narrow wide chainrings seem to be made of the same material, so it should last.
I'll keep you posted.

Last edited: