KWT Maxxis Sunshine Series DH 1 - Now at BLACKSTONE

scorpio1

Likes Bikes
Refund

Your refund for Saturday practice has been processed. We have not deducted an administration fee as this will be borne by the Gravity Club.

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
Look, I'll say it simply. It seems that those who are using mummy and daddy's money are less sensitive to the fact they are gambling with their money.

I don't give a shit that the race was cancelled. I've been racing in QLD since 2008 and a fuckload of races have been rained off in that time. Yeah, it's a bitch, but shit happens. They get rescheduled and life moves on. That's not the issue.

The issue is that they have hid this little clause in the T's & C's, as a quick way to fill the club's pockets. It's a bullheadedly short sighted approach, that will be nothing short of the death of DH in QLD.

You CANNOT offer a service at a previously determined price, only to say "sorry, it rained, we're now not offering a refund, and the service has now changed".

It is a morally disgusting way to do this, and by god if Karma actually exists it's waiting behind those responsible with the biggest, knobbliest stick it can find.

QLD DH has been getting worse and worse, and going for the short sighted cash grabbing technique to get funds in the bank now will do nothing productive for DH in the future.

One of the most famous business techniques is; "Look after your customers, and the business will look after itself". Yeah, and you know what? Fuck over your customers, and your business will fucking burn.
Quoted for awesomeness.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
The issue is that they have hid this little clause in the T's & C's, as a quick way to fill the club's pockets. It's a bullheadedly short sighted approach, that will be nothing short of the death of DH in QLD.
The clause was not "hidden" in the Terms and Conditions of contract. It was there for anyone who chose to read it, and you chose not to.

No business will cover consequential loss (i.e. one track gets rained out, and a replacement is sourced at the last minute that you decide not to ride), and many will not offer cover for acts of god (i.e. weather). It's the way the world works.

This has nothing to do with "padding out the business bank account" and everything to do with insurable costs, and what costs that are outlaid prior to an event i.e. the aforementioned insurance, first aid presence, administrative fees, etc.

That you are unhappy is understandable. Your reaction to the situation, however, is childish and petulent.

Kindly go and stick your head in a blender.

Last edited:

scorpio1

Likes Bikes
The clause was not "hidden" in the Terms and Conditions of contract. It was there for anyone who chose to read it, and you chose not to.

No business will cover consequential loss (i.e. one track gets rained out, and a replacement is sourced at the last minute that you decide not to ride), and many will not offer cover for acts of god (i.e. weather). It's the way the world works.

This has nothing to do with "padding out the business bank account" and everything to do with insurable costs, and what costs that are outlaid prior to an event i.e. the aforementioned insurance, first aid presence, administrative fees, etc.

That you are unhappy is understandable. Your reaction to the situation, however, is childish and petulent.

Kindly go and stick your head in a blender.
Well said.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome day's riding out at blackstone. Wet and slipping all over the place at the start of the day but dried out to be super tacky by the end, amazing conditions. Had loads of fun and while it definately isn't the steepest, fastest, longest or most technical, I would gladly race there again :D

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Can't wait to read about the great day everyone that raced had today.

I feel for the organisers, a lot of 'anonymous' ungreatful people putting the slipper in here on this thread. Don't worry organisers, when the weather is good and all tracks are running, these guys will be kissing your arses and begging you to organise a race series....you'll be thinking, is it all worth it?

Just 5-months ago people lost lives, homes and livelyhoods because of the rain......I'll leave it at that!

SEQ Race Series should start on the June long weekend. Monsoonal influence is gone and the winter weather patterns start. The June long weekend is when the Australian Ski Season opens.

pyrop

Likes Bikes
i feel sorry for anyone who decided not to race, it was great.
Awesome day's riding out at blackstone. Wet and slipping all over the place at the start of the day but dried out to be super tacky by the end, amazing conditions. Had loads of fun and while it definately isn't the steepest, fastest, longest or most technical, I would gladly race there again :D
Seems to be the consensus of everyone that was there...

Link to pics page

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems to be the consensus of everyone that was there...

Link to pics page
Yep. Track was in top condition for the first run through, tacky and hard packed. Great Day! Numbers were pretty good but I guess that's from Kenilworth.

Top time was around 1:06 I think. Something like 4 seconds between 30th and 1st!

Blur Carbon going pretty quick in elite was my highlight of the day..

glorydays

Likes Dirt
woo

as said by everyone else their today it was great, good atmosphere and all round fun day. i took out sport in my first race too happy times. look forward to the next round

Viv92

Eats Squid
guys definitely did a good job.

track is odd to race because one little slip up puts you 10 places back on the time sheet. fun to be racing again though. good work to the guys.

matt.

Squid
such a good day out at castle yesterday. this should definatly be a regular track to be raced! massive amount of effort put in by the organisers to get this going. good work!!