Lake Mountain Super-G 2016

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Was there this week - never been before but was really impressive, ripper fun!

The descents are awesome, try them out!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
not the bike.

Having done the gg, does this mean I need a dh bike?
rode this a few days ago with a few m8's
Trek 160mm 2 x 10 650
scott spark 120mm 1 x 11 650
Giant trance 120 mm 2 x10 26 inch
turner czar 100 mm 3 x 10 29er
china carbon HT 1 x10 26 inch, purchase cost including wheels and group and refurb forks, $1380.

The fastest down the hill was by a long shot , the China HT 26 inch, he was wearing board shorts and a Tshirt. didn't have the fastest bike, but was by far the best rider.
It's not about the bike.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Haha - that's awesome and it shits me at the same time... there is always one.

I'm doing it on my same XC 100mm rig.

cinnyis

Squid
Course difficulty ?

I saw this event pop up on Facebook and I'm really interested but I've got no idea what the trails are like at Lake Mountain difficulty wise. The short video they've created makes it look fairly tame.
I mostly ride at the you yangs and I'm comfortable on the black runs, will walk a couple of bits, but working up to that (haven't attempted the doubles). I've also ridden Buller and was fine with all the blues, but walked a bit of International - although this was two seasons ago and I think I'd be fine now. For the guys who know Lake Mountain, how do you think the trails compare to Buller & the Youies?

vergard

Squid
course difficulty super G

The course has a bit of everything, some rocks and tech up higher, ripping berms and smooth in other sections, the race will probably be won on an xc full squish as there are two good climbs, but a ton of descending means good bike handlers will dominate, having said that, you will need good legs.
I great new trail that is on par with Buller's Epic, the event should be fantastic, go to the Lake Mountain Super G facebook page for latest info.
No secret, I am on the organising committee

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Yes Duane, still in negotiations with land holders.

On another note...It is with mixed emotions that the Murrindindi Cycle Club is announcing that we will be transforming our Lake Mountain Super G race scheduled for February 28 into a ride day, with free shuttles, clinics and a kid’s event. Details will be up shortly; those people who have entered will receive full refunds.