Lake Mtn MTB Park.....?

Just wondering if anyone went along to the open day at Lake Mountain for the opening of the new trails they've been building there? It was called Granite Grind I think.

I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions of the track and a quick description of the event, as me and my mates missed out.

Legend has it there is a sweet track that goes all the way from the summit of Lake Mtn right down to alexandra that is mostly down hill. That could make for a good day out if the trails are any good on the mountain.

Thanks

Tim

adz

Likes Dirt
I dont know about all the way to Alexandra but there are loads of tracks and roads etc between Marysville and Lake Mountain. They are worth riding for epic training days in the bush. However very few of them are single track and most would be inaccesable now due to fires 12 months ago.

I may get in trouble for saying this but there is a quiet whisper of a single track all the way around the town of Alexandra.

Also if you have sharp eyes you may find some nice singletrack just the Narbethong side of Buxton.

Not sure if this is supposed to be pulic knowledge though!!!!!!!!!!!! ooops

I just found a website that may be handy http://sites.google.com/site/murrindindicycleclub/home

I am sure these guys could give u the info you are after

cheers

Adz