Lakes Entrance Epic 2015 - Cancelled

I did not even know that this event was on until my riding buddy saw the ad in a magazine. He called me, I looked it up online and it was postponed. There is something not quite right with this event. I did the inaugural Epic in October last year and there were only 100 riders as they had it on the same day as the Yowie.

This year, I didn't even know about it until it was postponed and I suspect the two events are related. I really, really want these "loop" events to be successful (I don't like lap enduros) but something is up with their marketing. Surely en email to previous competitors would be a good idea? Personally, I get a lot of my calendar from this actual forum yet my post appears to be the first regarding this event.

I was really disappointed this event got cancelled. I did the Yowie last year instead, as I couldn't get the time off work to travel to Lakes Entrance. This year organised time off work, booked accomodation and then when I went to enter on Tuesday found the race had been postponed. I suspect this was due to low numbers, as at the time I went to book online entry register showed only 3 riders doing the 100km. This year the race clashed with the Forrest 6 hr event which always has a great turn out, so I suspect that doesn't help.

There you go, this year it clashed with the Forrest 6 Hour. The organisers need to have a look at a calendar. I'm only bitter because I WANT this race to proceed and be a success. Personally, I liked the timing last year. Although cold, it felt like the start of summer and was such a nice vibe down at the beach / lake.

Dazler

Squid
We only found out today, 6 days before the event. Last year the race was fantastic, we all had a ball! So we decided to do it again. I am super annoyed as we have booked accommodation for the weekend. Alpine gravity's webpage is easily overlooked where it informs us of the postponement. This seems to be a regular occurance with changes happening to a lot of alpine gravity's scheduling (granted mt buller event this weekend has had a lot of rain, even though all bens Facebook posts state otherwise)

I just think alpine gravity could take a lot out of the SRAM endure and the bike buller festival's organization, which were both very very smooth!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just spent 2 weeks in Lakes, was hoping this event was coinciding with my hol, was disappointed when it didn't. Sad to hear it's cancelled...

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I did this race last year and loved it. I would 100% do it again BUT HAD NO IDEA IT WAS ON. It says it has been postponed, not cancelled. So I'm hoping Ben can get his shit together and promote it more. The only thing missing from last years race was more riders.
So here's hoping they can find a free weekend in October or November and get some riders to attend.

courts

Likes Bikes
It also clashed with Convict 100 which is part of national XCM series, although that has just been postponed aswell, Plus Dirt De Femme in Canberra, so alot happening that weekend, as well as a paddling event in lakes entrance that had members of the community trying to decide whether to race mtb or the paddle as alot of adventure racers live in Lakes. Hoping it gets postponed, was looking forward to this event as it is on some really awesome trails!