Landscaping - need a hand in a couple months. Paid labour

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
SO I thought I'd put this out there.

I'm in need of a hand setting some post stirrups and some galvanised H and C channels into the ground for some landscaping I'll be doing in a couple months. I'm pretty handy, but I really only get one shot at getting the alignment/plumbness of this stuff right and I've never done this before. I'm an absolute retard with a string line and the finer points escape me. SO I am looking for someone who's done this sort of work before (construction/landscaping background - or you're just super handy and know what you're doing).

I'll have the holes dug, materials will be on site, I just need a hand one day to set, brace and concrete in the posts/channels

Give me an idea of the hourly rate you'd want (if you're in the industry, happy to pay your going rate). I'll feed you lunch AND send you home with a case of beer to boot.

work would be somewhere between june - august. WIll get firmer closer to the date. Job locatrion is melton south.

Also if anyone runs a concreting business, PM me for a chat. Looking for about 100-130sqm of concreting to be done.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
What length are the posts and how many are there? I had a ret wall installed b4 we got our house built and payed to have the posts installed (fairly major ret wall @ 2600 in the highest spot) the $1000 for the small excavator, with the special attachment and Will's experience was money well spent. As you're aware, if things aren't quite right when the conc starts to go off, you're pretty much screwed!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The posts will be about 2.4 or 2.7m tall from the ground up. These will be for a trellis fence (not retaining). 3xpecting to pour footings about 800-1000 deep for the stirrups to hold this.

Unsure how many there will be at this point. There will be quite a few and quite a few h channels as the garden beds will be along the rear perimeter (16m) and part of the side (5_6m). So at a guess probs over 30.

Will be using the tall posts as the anchor for sleepers at the rear of raised garden beds that will be 600ish high. The h and c channels will be side and front supports for sleepers. Expecting to concrete those in at about 300-400 deep.

Not retaining anything high so it doesn't require engineering.

Can't get an excavator in as I'll be limited to a rear garage door, but will be getting in a post hole digger that can fit through it fine.

The hard yakka will be done, I just need somone who has the knowhow in setting and bracing everything straight