Lapierre xr

gead

Likes Dirt
I have picked up a 2014 729, and it's only early days, but it's been a revelation. I was coming from a pretty low base (10 year old 26er) so it obviously feels amazing in comparison. Just hoping the 2014 models hAve ironed out the problems from the earlier models.

The ei is quite amazing. Makes climbing a joy. Was very noticeable when I forgot to charge the battery and had it default to 'trail' how different the bike felt.

Mine hasn't been ridden a real lot as I've been busy with road commitments.

I've gone to a triple chainring which I am WAY happier with, gearing is now nearly as low as my 26"

I lost cadence then the shock stopped working but it was an easy fix, the magnet in the crank had moved.

Other than that, so far so good.

gead

Likes Dirt
Quick question to ei owners, does the speed and odometer function on the head unit work automatically, or do you need to turn it on somehow? My cadence seems to be automatic, but it can't work out how to get the speed and odo to work???

jimspr

Likes Bikes
Quick question to ei owners, does the speed and odometer function on the head unit work automatically, or do you need to turn it on somehow? My cadence seems to be automatic, but it can't work out how to get the speed and odo to work???
No need to turn it on. Perhaps step through the different pages by pressing the middle button on the handle bar shifters?
Obvious question, the magnet on the front wheel is lining up correctly with the sensor?