LAST CHANCE: WE NEED EMAILS SENT (to make a whistler-inspired park in NSW happen)

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know there's already a thread on this.... but it's important so whatever.

Looks like council wants to block the proposed bike park... so:

Step 1: Email Council to show support ASAP.

Email the councilors and show your support for a bike park. Their email addresses are:

mayor@warringah.nsw.gov.au, vanessa.moskal@warringah.nsw.gov.au, wayne.gobert@warringah.nsw.gov.au, vincent.deluca@warringah.nsw.gov.au, sue.heins@warringah.nsw.gov.au, bob.giltinan@warringah.nsw.gov.au, pat.daley@warringah.nsw.gov.au, roslyn.harrison@warringah.nsw.gov.au, duncan.kerr@warringah.nsw.gov.au, jose.menano-pires@warringah.nsw.gov.au

Step 2: Turn up to the Council Meeting at 6PM on 27 May 2014 (this Tuesday). At council chambers in Dee Why. Doesn't matter if you're late.

More here: http://www.friendsofoxy.com/#!barecreek/c1a67 and http://www.manlywarringahcc.org.au/news/bare-creek-bike-plan-your-help-needed/

Last edited:

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keep the emails flooding in. Remember: this is not some wild hair-brained plan. It's a serious plan, being pushed by the company responsible for remediation of the landfill, and council is a major hurdle.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I would love to send a mail but havnt got time to write one up.

Can someone PM me the mail they sent and I'll forward on?

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would love to send a mail but havnt got time to write one up.

Can someone PM me the mail they sent and I'll forward on?
You can use this:

"I'd like to put my support behind the proposed bike park at Bare Creek. The Northern Beaches does not have anywhere near enough MTB facilities to meet current demand, and this provides an unmissable opportunity to provide an excelent facility for all users and disciplines".

It's more quantity over quality at this stage.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Email sent. I'm not from NSW, but put a few good words in.
YEah, I mentioned that I was from he ACT but pointed out the amount of people I knew in the Warringah Shire that support the trails and that there are a lot of people who travel to ACT for Stromlo and the amount of money the put in to hotels, petrol stations, cafe's, bike shops, etc.

I said that I would easily travel to Syd at least twice a year to ride these trails along with Manly dam - as I believe many others from out of town would. That means I'd be supporting local hotels, bike shops, food outlets......., etc.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Got a quick reply from one of the recipients.... Good luck with it guys!

Dear Wayne,

Thank you for your support!

I've been involved in this project for quite a while and it's now coming to a, hopefully positive, resolution.

It's great to see the high level of support from the community.

Many thanks
Jose

Cr. Jose Menano-Pires

jose.menano-pires@warringah.nsw.gov.au Tel: 0427 377 631
www.warringah.nsw.gov.au

trickbooter

Likes Dirt
I know there's already a thread on this.... but it's important so whatever.

Looks like council wants to block the proposed bike park... so:

Step 1: Email Council to show support ASAP.

Email the councilors and show your support for a bike park. Their email addresses are:

mayor@warringah.nsw.gov.au, vanessa.moskal@warringah.nsw.gov.au, wayne.gobert@warringah.nsw.gov.au, vincent.deluca@warringah.nsw.gov.au, sue.heins@warringah.nsw.gov.au, bob.giltinan@warringah.nsw.gov.au, pat.daley@warringah.nsw.gov.au, roslyn.harrison@warringah.nsw.gov.au, duncan.kerr@warringah.nsw.gov.au, jose.menano-pires@warringah.nsw.gov.au

Step 2: Turn up to the Council Meeting at 6PM on 27 May 2014 (this Tuesday). At council chambers in Dee Why. Doesn't matter if you're late.

More here: http://www.friendsofoxy.com/#!barecreek/c1a67 and http://www.manlywarringahcc.org.au/news/bare-creek-bike-plan-your-help-needed/
Support sent.

I will try to attend the council meeting but getting to Dee Why will be an issue (no car).

sundy

Likes Dirt
Email sent.
Content:
"To whom it may concern
I am in support of the proposed bike park at Bare Creek. I don't live in the area, but if a bike park gets built, then that gives me a reason to visit the area (and spend money in the area)."

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
For anyone conducting advocacy on this, there was research conducted by ACT on how Stromlo is used recently. It covered everything from usage to out of towners to what incidental services you used (fuel, coffee, bike shops, etc) when accessing the park.

Below are the details, the emails have been removed to protect the addresses from web crawlers:

On a recent visit to Stromlo Forest Park on Saturday 15 March this year, you registered your interest with a researcher (on site at the time) in responding to a web questionnaire about the park and any activities you participated in while you were there.

Territory Venues and Events of the Economic Development Directorate (ACT Government) is conducting research of people who use Stromlo Forest Park. As part of this project the Directorate commissioned independent research company Australian Survey Research to organise and conduct research into how the park is used by visitors and provide feedback about the facility. We’d like to know what aspects of Mount Stromlo Forest Park makes participating in your sport easy and enjoyable and take suggestions for improvements.

We'd also like to know about other places or venues you have been to whilst participating in your sport and get some feedback about them too.

Thankyou for offering to provide your feedback.

Time to complete and confidentiality:

The survey should take around 15 to 20 minutes to complete and we'd appreciate your response by 4 April August 2014.
You can use your link to complete the survey in several sittings before you finally submit your answers.

Participation in the research is completely voluntary and confidential and you may withdraw your involvement at any time.

All of the information collected including any personal details will be used only for this research and for no other purpose. All records collected will be de-identified before use or used as part of a collective of results.
Purpose:
The results of the research will be used for future planning of the park and focuses on gaining a better understanding of:

Why you use the park;
Where you come from;
How often you use the park;
What you like about the park, as well as how it could be improved.

Australian Survey Research Group will produce a report of research results for TVE and the ACT Government.

Below is your personal link to the questionnaire. You may have to copy and paste this link into the address bar of your browser (not the Google search bar) to make it work.

https://www.asr2...................

Assistance:
For technical assistance in completing this questionnaire please email stromlosurvey@aussurveys.com

If you have any further enquiries about the project itself please contact:

Steven Marriage
Compliance and Safety Officer
Territory Venues and Events
Economic Directorate
ACT Government.
Email:

OR

Jeff Van Aalst
Venue Manager
Territory Venues and Events
Economic Directorate
ACT Government
Email:

stickso

Likes Dirt
Email sent this afternoon to all the addresses and I received a reply a few hours later. The emails are being read at least - hope it helps.