Last Of The Niner Ros 9's?

Picked the frame up from Summit Cycles a few weeks ago only to find out a week or so later that they're no longer on the Niner Site and there's no more available!
I was tossing up between this and a Honzo St (which was impossible to find here in Oz), glad I went for the Ros and the colour just pops.
Finished the build up yesterday and took it for a proper spin this morning.

Build consists of:
Ros 9 Rally Blue (Medium)
Fox 34 Talas 110-140
Sram X01
Easton Bars, Speccy Stem & Command IR Dropper w/shim (gonna replace these)
Spank Ozzy Trail 345's
Maxxis Ardent 2.4's

Love it..

Steel. Is. Real.

Attachments

aanon

Likes Dirt
Excellent looking bike/build. I never knew Niner were to stop making them, bit of a shame really as they are great bikes and 29er aggressive hardtails rule.
P.S I have a forge Grey one myself, love it.

thanks guys, took it out for a muddy sesh on saturday and then some trail riding sunday..it's a lot of fun, super stoked on it

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
Why are they discontinuing the ROS when everyone else is scrambling to build gnarly 29'ers? Kona have 140 different Honzo models now (or something)!

The white wall tires look brilliant.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Why are they discontinuing the ROS when everyone else is scrambling to build gnarly 29'ers? Kona have 140 different Honzo models now (or something)!

The white wall tires look brilliant.
And getting a Honzo steel is now very difficult.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Niner have made some really odd choices lately...
Their facebook page now reads like a mass media outlet and they seem to announce a new "gravel bike" every 6 months.

The RDO 15mm fork, ROS AND SIR are currently off of their website.
I emailed them and asked why and got a reply that they were removed because they are out of stock.

Seems odd to me that you wouldn't just put "out of stock" on the site.

There was a mailout mentioning that the steel bikes were getting a tweak so perhaps a new variant is on the way with the superfluous BOOST shite out back