late 90's cannondale headtube size, 1 1/8 ?

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Well here I am again begging for information. I have located a very cheap 98 cannondale v 4-500 dually frame (read free except post) that I had intended to put my headshock on but have checked around on the net and now have been led to believe these old dales have a standard size steerer. Who wants to be the first to shatter my dreams and confirm the head size. Cheers for any help, limey

jbg

Likes Dirt
All the cannondale delta v's and super v's have the same size head tube (1 1/5 and pretty much all cannondale mtb's post 95 and be fitted with a headshock)
Cheaper ones like the 500 often came with adaptors to run shitty 1 1/8 forks like an Indy.
You will be able to put the headshock in that frame you may need to sort the headset though.
Pics will help

Last edited:

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Been confusing myself so I shall explain better ( hopefully) the frame will be coming with a cannondale fork which a few sites say is 1 1/8 steerer ( rooted but next project if 1 1/8)
images (1).jpg
The frame I was guessing had the same tube size but obviously not
images (2).jpg
So first up I guess I would need a new headset for the headshock as it would have some conversion to a smaller steerer and secondly do you know if the pictured fork is standard size, it looks like it but is hard for me to judge. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help.

jbg

Likes Dirt
Yea all good. The moto forks have a 1 1/8 steerer tube.
The frame will have reducer cups (1.5-1 1/8) with a 1 1/8 headset pressed into them.
You will need a headshock headset and a stem to use your headshock forks.

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Yea all good. The moto forks have a 1 1/8 steerer tube.
The frame will have reducer cups (1.5-1 1/8) with a 1 1/8 headset pressed into them.
You will need a headshock headset and a stem to use your headshock forks.
Cheers mate, that's exactly what I was hoping, thanks for the info, you made my day. Limey