Late notice.. heading to Buxton tomorrow - 11th July

MrsH

Likes Dirt
If anyone else is interested Balance and I are going to check out the Buxton loop tomorrow.

Plan to be there just before 11.

Let me know if you're coming and we'll look out for you!

cheers,
Meagan

MrsH

Likes Dirt
OK, so am talking to myself :p but just thought I'd post the map in case anyone wishes to check it out.. well worth a look imo :)

Realmaf

Likes Bikes
Rode Buxton today with a mate and it was fantastic!
Top notch work by everyone involved. Tracks were very well built with good flow & gradients.
Speaking with the DSE officer who was slashing one of the trails he said there're plans for another 10k loop just above the current trails with man-made obstacles to be spread out everywhere.
Only neg. was a lack of signage which the officer contributed to DSE OHAS issues. Because the tracks aren't officially finished they can't advertise them.

After spending the night in the Cathedral SP we rode Buxton early in the morn and then headed for Buller. Again some very nice tracks however pour track markers corresponding with a decent map saw us doing a lot of walking up steep rocky fire-breaks.

If you head out to Buxton for a ride with a mate let them ride up front, at least for the first lap...........

I plan to hit Buxton again in the near future, Spider Gully, LOVE IT.