DH Lawn fruit - new strange growths?

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Woke this morning to find some mysterious fruit had grown overnight on my lawn. There now appears to be some strange new growths on the fruit, see below for pictors.

Frame - 2009 Giant Glory DH1 size large Custom dented for MOAR aerodynamics
Rear shock - Fox DHX 4 500lbs spring
Front fork - Fox 40 RC2
Handlebars - FSA Gravity 777
Stem - Thomson x4
Headset - FSA
Grips - Lizard Skins Peaty Lock on
Saddle - WTB Shadow V Team
Seatpost - Giant control - EPIC FAIL
Front brake - Avid Elixir Cr
Rear brake - Avid Elixir Cr
Cranks - Shimano Saint
Chainguide - E13 LG1+ ft. blue
Chain - Shimano Dura-Ace
Pedals - DMR V12 Mag
Rear derailleur - Shimano Saint
Rear shifter - Shimano Saint
Cassette - Shimano XT
Front hub - Sun Ringle
Rear hub - Sun Ringle
Front rim - Mavic ex729
Rear rim - Mavic ex729
Spokes - Be fucked if I know...
Nipples - See above.
Tyres - Maxxis Minion 3c Soon to be Schwalbe Big Betty and Muddy Mary combo
Tubes - Maxxis DH
Total weight - I could tell you, but you wouldn't believe me....:)
UPDATE! :D

Last edited:

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks really good mate. I like the whole custom broken thing too haha. What is the weight, seeing as you're hinting at something decent? Pics on a hanging scale or it doesn't count :p

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Well I dont have scale shots but from lifting it up I can definitely tell its around the 15.5 kg mark. :rolleyes:
In reality it's probably the wrong side of 20kgs :p Having said that, I dont really notice the weight.

Edit: Weighed it this morning and it comes to 19.34 Kg, pretty stoked :D

Last edited:

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Ring (07) 3831 5970, and ask for John.
In all seriousness though, don't ring that number unless you want the cops to come knocking :p

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depending on your weight mate...change to a lower spring rate on the DHX. I am around 100kg's and for the Glory, Tekin still says that is oversprung....feel a lot better on around 400-450lbs.

Tidy looking glory...the old ones have racier lines than the new model even if weigh a ton.

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
The 500lb spring was what came with the frame. Since I've built up the bike I've only taken it for a few runs at the local and my home track. I'll ride it a but more before I decide whether to keep it... If I do change the spring it will probably be to a 400 or 450, I'm not keen on the under sprung, over damped trend.

Last edited:

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
thats mad,
can you send me some of those magic beans i wouldnt mind a few
to plant in my garden.

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
You'll have to ring ADAR (Australian Department of Advanced Research) if you want some of this lawn. I would give it to you but I dont have the clearance.....:p