lbs can't bleed brakes . moan

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Stop derailing the threads for fucks sake! It's only just tolerable in off topic but bike related threads need to stay that way, people search this sort of stuff and don't want to read five pages of people having cucumbers shoved up their arse in a forest overnight. Grow up.

Stop derailing the threads for fucks sake! It's only just tolerable in off topic but bike related threads need to stay that way, people search this sort of stuff and don't want to read five pages of people having cucumbers shoved up their arse in a forest overnight. Grow up.
But Dozer i told him the best way to bleed brakes so he is fine now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
But Dozer i told him the best way to bleed brakes so he is fine now.
I didn't delete a post from single-pivot saying your method worked and he hasn't come back to say he'd disclosed the issue so it's pretty safe to assume his brakes aren't fine. I'll also suggest that leaving your brake lines open overnight to let any air bubbles out may sound like a logical remedy, it won't do any better than what you can do with some know-how and a proper bleed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I didn't delete a post from single-pivot saying your method worked and he hasn't come back to say he'd disclosed the issue so it's pretty safe to assume his brakes aren't fine. I'll also suggest that leaving your brake lines open overnight to let any air bubbles out may sound like a logical remedy, it won't do any better than what you can do with some know-how and a proper bleed.
It also allows moisture to be absorbed into the line. It is not a smart move at all, but perhaps someone that doesn't understand the workings of brakes may try.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It also allows moisture to be absorbed into the line. It is not a smart move at all, but perhaps someone that doesn't understand the workings of brakes may try.
Sweet jesus please shut your mouth. Given your implicit understanding of brakes care to explain how keeping the lever depressed, and thus closing the master cyl off to the line, and sealing the system can allow anything to bleed? I'll save you the trouble, it can't, won't and never has. Great advice sport, up there with using water instead of brake fluid, oh wait...

Moorey who was this clown from a former RB life?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sweet jesus please shut your mouth. Given your implicit understanding of brakes care to explain how keeping the lever depressed, and thus closing the master cyl off to the line, and sealing the system can allow anything to bleed? I'll save you the trouble, it can't, won't and never has. Great advice sport, up there with using water instead of brake fluid, oh wait...
I'm confused by your quoting me and seeming to address someone else?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dozer ban everyone.
There's no fun in that though. I like to let someone make a total prick of themselves then I share their personal info from my system so the people they've pissed off can find their house. ;)

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Move thread to Off Topic and put all the post back so we can have a laugh :)

I have some hopes in the mail now, I think I'll bleed it myself.... I don't trust the LBS to put air in my tyres.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think he thinks you are a troll
I think you mean tool...

No sorry dude, aimed at klunkhead, just a thread of fckups.

Dozer ban everyone.
Ahhh...it makes sense now. We both found the idea silly.

There's no fun in that though. I like to let someone make a total prick of themselves then I share their personal info from my system so the people they've pissed off can find their house. ;)
This explains a lot of egg shells on my front lawn recently.

Move thread to Off Topic and put all the post back so we can have a laugh :)

I have some hopes in the mail now, I think I'll bleed it myself.... I don't trust the LBS to put air in my tyres.
Solid post. What happened to the firmly free for all dozer used to give us?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Solid post. What happened to the firmly free for all dozer used to give us?
Ahh, those were the days. I still plan to do it but need to have a few hours spare to get involved in it.

Now ah, lets get back to the Hope brakes.;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ahh, those were the days. I still plan to do it but need to have a few hours spare to get involved in it.

Now ah, lets get back to the Hope brakes.;)
I always found it a shame that free for all time fell during ride o'clock. Maybe Monday would be a better day? Get the week off to a solid start!

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Well I am chuffed with the thread lots of action,
unlike the brakes wich upon return to LBS was weeping like hole in a sump
oops waiting for call back , explaining poor lever feel , it is braided line must be tricky install

Minlak

custom titis
Well I am chuffed with the thread lots of action,
unlike the brakes wich upon return to LBS was weeping like hole in a sump
oops waiting for call back , explaining poor lever feel , it is braided line must be tricky install
It really isn't that hard to trim the braided lines correctly and then bleed have done it lots of time. A key mistake lots of people make is trying to fit the Olive over the plastic coating of the braid.