Le Tour de Sydeny Sunday 29 July

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To celebrate the final stages of Le Tour de France I present Le Tour de Sydeny [sic].

A social stage based ride around Sydney's East, South, West and North.

Stage 1: 10:00-10:30 Martin Place to Centennial Park

A short warm up. Riders will depart Martin Place GPO and follow Oxford Street through Paddington and finish with a lap of Centennial park. Finishing at the cafe.

Stage 2: 10:30-12:30 Centennial Park to Olympic Park

The long flat stage. Rider will head south to Mascott. They will then follow the Cooks River to Olympic Park. Finishing at the water feature opposite Subway at the centre of Olympic Park

Stage 3: 12:30-2:00 Centennial Park to Pyrmont Park

Short and punchy. Riders will leave Olympic park via the wetlands to the north heading to Rhodes and then following the water line back to the city via the ANZAC Bridge.

Stage 4: 2:00-3:15 Pyrmont Park-Martin Place

The Mountain Stage. Riders will head North over the harbour bridge and head to the Spit via Bantry Bay, and returning straight to the city to finish at Martin Place.

Rules

This is not a race. Riders may ride the stages at their own pace within the time limits. Race or cruise, ride by yourself or with the bunch, it is up to you.

Take any bike, xc bikes/commuters/road bikes are recommended.

The route is a rough guideline based on these bike paths:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/usingroads/bicycle/bicyclemaps/index.html

Navigation is up to the individual. The starts and finishes are the times to regroup.

Bring food or buy it on the way, your call.

Showers, it will be on, rain, it will not be on.

Any of this may change due to circumstances on the day.

If you are planning on riding please post here so I can get a rough idea of numbers.

Hope to see you there!

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This looks like a nice way to farewell Sydney. Shame I don't have the fixed here, any shame in a Cannondale roadbike coming?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
This looks like a nice way to farewell Sydney. Shame I don't have the fixed here, any shame in a Cannondale roadbike coming?
I'll lend you the crosser if you like. I wont be able to make it as I'll be at the Dam doing track maintenance.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Might take you up on that offer, but I'll probably just ride the Crack'n'fail if I can make it, or part of it...

Binaural

Eats Squid
Sounds awesome! I've just arrived back from 3 months working in China so I'm soft as warm jelly pudding but I'm stinging for a good long ride. I'm in :)

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds like fun

That sounds like a whole lotta funnnnnnnn.
Unfortunately / Fortunately I'm doing track work at the dam that Sunday.
next year though I'll be in for it.

Your missing the all important "FEED ZONES" ( pub with a beer garden )
or will that come later

Last edited:

Rik

logged out
The bike's making heaps of ugly noises and Sunday was designated strip-rebuild day, though I reckon I'll give that a miss and join you guys... you'll hear me coming ;) Now the question is, do I wear the dumb helmet or not :D

Rik

logged out
Hahah shit, 29th not 22nd! :eek:
Oh well at least I wasn't the only one to stuff up the dates, whoops!

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
any shame in a Cannondale roadbike coming?
None at all, just wait for us at the bottom of the hills yeah ;)

Your missing the all important "FEED ZONES" ( pub with a beer garden )
or will that come later
They may be included...

OK so it is looking like a smallish group.

We will probably just do it as a group ride then. No need to stick to the structured times if there are not many of us.

Still looking forward to it.

Allez Allez!

jetbike

Squid
Sounds great. Thanks for organising Carlin. Your energy puts me to shame. You gonna ride it fixed?

I've gotta work. So, no go for me. Next time.

Have fun. Let me know where you end up. If you're having a refreshing and rehydrating beverage at about 6:30pm I may come and join you all.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fell on the track last night and seemed to have corked my thigh pretty bad, so I might be out, I'll see how it pulls up after a MTB ride this arvo.

Rik

logged out
I'm still in, the bike is behaving itself too.. might think about upping the gearing this arvo in a vain attempt to help keep up.