Least Expensive Fat Bike

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Are Kona bringing in these?

View attachment 274606
They are in the 2014 Tech book on the Groupe Sportif website...so...probably. And it should be cheap according to those specs...especially with the Joytech wheels.

FRAME MATERIAL
Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted
SIZES
15", 17", 19", 21"
FORK
Kona P2 Fat Disc
CRANKARMS
FSA Alpha Drive
CHAINRINGS
24/36/Guard
B/B
FSA ISIS
PEDALS
Wellgo Platform
CHAIN
KMC Z99
FREEWHEEL
Shimano HG20 11-34t 9 spd
F/D
Shimano SLX
R/D
Shimano Deore Shadow
SHIFTERS
Shimano Alivio
BRAKE CALIPERS
Tektro Novela Mechanical Disc
FRONT BRAKE ROTOR
Tektro 160mm
REAR BRAKE ROTOR
Tektro 160mm
BRAKE LEVERS
Tektro ML330

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
I put my Salsa Mukluk together for just over a grand, I got the frame shipped over from Bikeman for about 700, add in wheels from on one, drivetrain from the many bikes I have had over the years, a new set of bars and a couple of other sundries and its done. I am running mine with an On-One 29er wheelset as I am building up a Trek Farley Fatbike, a fatbike with Superfly geo and handling. It can be done on the affordable level, you just have to shop around, the Norco Bigfoot through the dealer can be had for 1400, you just need to work on them, limited stock coming in though will make it hard, but if they want your business then they will come down in price.

Don't let the haters get to you, buy it for the fun and stuff, its your bike and money at the end of the day, you just gotta justify it to yourself at then of the day

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I would be all over that for $850 if they had 21"

17keg's is hefty though.
It's not too far from other fatties. Moonlander is about that isn't it? 36lb? Alloy On One is 31lb?

It looks like it has some cheap bits that could make it lighter and still fall under $1k. Free if you have spares around.