Leatt Airflex Stealth and Airfit Lite

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not tried, but have been tempted, mostly for shuttle runs. Also curious to see if anyone has experience with them, following with interest.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've the airflex stealth (shoulder, spine, chest) protector. It's pretty good for ventilation.
The focus is on spinal protection. Shoulders are minimal and it's VERY easy to get on / off.

A 661 top I have with only shoulder protection is like a plastic bag by comparison. It's like a compression top but with integrated shoulder protection. Good but not.

I've also got a 7idp one, better coverage of the shoulder but the spine protection is more cumbersome. It does come higher up the spine though. It's a PITA to remove once you're hot and sweaty.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Would think that i would only use one for shuttle runs. Can picture it being way too hot for pedalling up in.

The back protection is the main focus for me. Shoulders/chest are just bonus.

One of the things that draws me towards these is the fact that they have the zip making them easier to get on and off. It's bad enough trying to take a loose sweaty jersey off, let alone a tight fitting piece of armour.

Pretty sure i will get the stealth, as the airfit lite might have a little more padding, but is probably a fair bit warmer. No point buying something if it is going to be too hot and i don't wear it because of this.