lefty internal upgrade, worth the money ?

safreek

hi guys, just been reading up on lefty upgrades, turning a spring lefty into air and with modern tech as well. Have any of you done this and is it worth the money, is the ride heaps sweeter or firmer and not as plush as a spring.
Also if I decided to put a different fork ( tapered ) would I only have to replce the top headset bit or is the cannondale bottom of the headset some weird size,

thanks for any help

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
mate i have two lefties,both older models,one had the newer upgrade done when i sent it in for a service the other still has the original in it, i don't notice a great difference between the two of them,if your got the cash to
burn then maybe, if not don't worry and spend that cash on something else,the only benefit of the air over the spring is the air is easier to adjust compared to the spring,but that's just me......

I've had both and think it's hard to beat a coil spring as long as you have the right spring for your weight
The coil just seemed to have better small bump compliance but air is lighter so depends on what's most important

safreek

mate i have two lefties,both older models,one had the newer upgrade done when i sent it in for a service the other still has the original in it, i don't notice a great difference between the two of them,if your got the cash to
burn then maybe, if not don't worry and spend that cash on something else,the only benefit of the air over the spring is the air is easier to adjust compared to the spring,but that's just me......
thanks for that, thought it might not make a real great dif

I've had both and think it's hard to beat a coil spring as long as you have the right spring for your weight
The coil just seemed to have better small bump compliance but air is lighter so depends on what's most important
weight means nothing to me, I am actually pretty happy with the way the fork works but, well, I guess the money would be better spent on a coil for the rear, the air one on it works fine but just has no "feel" to it
need to replace both top and bottom headset
cheers mate, shall be leftying on for a while then

safreek

Safreek,what bike is the lefty on
the bike is a prophet, nice and easy to pedal
Please tell me you didn't release superannuation early to work on these forks? :fear:
no, but I must admit a little of it went on the dale though :cheer2: . Hoping that the pronger gives me no prob, working fine atm but sometimes feel the need to get things I don't really need, upgrade things when in actual fact I should be upgrading my skills