legalised jumps in the hills area by parramatta council.

CGR

Likes Dirt
Great to see some more legalised jumps (more than just bmx tracks), the spot even looks good with the incline and shade and all, but i feel a little compelled to point-out the way you're using the incline/gully won't get you more than one good trick jump or a few smaller ones you'll have to struggle for. It's better to build with the downhill; on the down-slope or zig-zag accross that gully/creek, the speed this generates will let you build bigger jumps that flow well with less effort and tweeking.

In terms of dealing with the council; come-up with a plan. Write it down in words or make a scale map to show them what you'll be doing, more often than not its just mounds of insurance risk to them but if they have something they can point to and say "here's the plan, this is what's going on, it's all for the kids" they're far more likely to be cooprative. The plan doesn't have to be a permenent commitment, just an outline of the size and scope of what you want to build and where.

just my 0.02

d_cro

Likes Dirt
Great to see some more legalised jumps (more than just bmx tracks), the spot even looks good with the incline and shade and all, but i feel a little compelled to point-out the way you're using the incline/gully won't get you more than one good trick jump or a few smaller ones you'll have to struggle for. It's better to build with the downhill; on the down-slope or zig-zag accross that gully/creek, the speed this generates will let you build bigger jumps that flow well with less effort and tweeking.

In terms of dealing with the council; come-up with a plan. Write it down in words or make a scale map to show them what you'll be doing, more often than not its just mounds of insurance risk to them but if they have something they can point to and say "here's the plan, this is what's going on, it's all for the kids" they're far more likely to be cooprative. The plan doesn't have to be a permenent commitment, just an outline of the size and scope of what you want to build and where.

just my 0.02
if u came and had a look its ACTUALLY IS ALL DOWN HILL LOL.

CGR

Likes Dirt
if u came and had a look its ACTUALLY IS ALL DOWN HILL LOL.
They're on a part of the downhill, orientating them in another direction will let you use more of it and make it far easier to build and ride them. Its the difference between serious trails and some jumps in a park.

i love how everyone criticizes it lol but no1 ever bothers to come and help lol
Its called advice, and it comes from experience.

tadders

Likes Dirt
settle boys... some more developments today, good news and bad news

bad news..theyre not lettin us build at this site until next june then they will deliver dirt to us.. dunno why
good news.. theyre aranging a new site in northmead (2 mins away) to get a bmx track build professionally

more bad news... no time frame was given

I <3 the council :mmph:

tomn8r

Cannon Fodder
i know im bringing up an oldish thread but has the building completely stopped? I would help out depends on where you guys are as i would love to start riding some decent dj's on my bmx again

dek_norco

Likes Dirt
keen to get back into riding and trail building. just wondering what the go with these trails is, aswell?
cheers dek

helples

Cannon Fodder
hey guys

hope that this gets some momentum going again.

whats needed to build the jumps as i live on 5 acres in kellyvilly that may be suitable for what your wanting to but would need to clear a bit to make a track but there are some jumps that some dirt bikers used to use a while back most of its downhill.

also have lots of cliff drops and other things that could be good depending what your looking for.

pm me if you would like to discus.

thanks

jeff