Legalising Mountain Bike Trails in Hornsby Shire area survey. (please read)

sampo1

Likes Dirt
Hey guys and girls,
For my year 9 geography assesment I have to do a write up on positive and negative change that developements bring in my local area.
I have chosen the development of legalising mountain bike trails in the Hornsby shire area. I also need some surveys from Mountain bikers in Australia, so i thought Rotorburn was the best place to acheive this.
If you have the time could you please fill out this survey:

Years Mountain biking:
What type of Riding do you do: Cross Country, 4x, Downhill, if other please specify.
Positive Impacts these trails will bring to the community:
Negative Impacts these trails will bring to the community:

If you do fill out one thankyou very much.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Years Mountain biking: 2

What type of Riding do you do:Downhill, XC

Positive Impacts these trails will bring to the community: Bring Tourism in the form of riders into the local area, helping to promote local economy. e.g. A lot of riders will go out for lunch/coffee etc after a ride at a local cafe. Bring more people into the area. Help to devolp the sport and raise awareness as to what we're about and try and get rid of generalisations that may form.(mentioned under)

Negative Impacts these trails will bring to the community: Some riders have tendency to be slightly "disrespectful" to the local community and could bring down a unwanted generalisation upon mountain bikers. Otherwise its a minimal.

Hope that helps man :)

OFB

Likes Bikes

Years Mountain biking: 2

What type of Riding do you downhill, XC

Positive impacts: Tourism, help local shops and economy, Something for kids to do and raise awareness for the sport, Keep people fit an d healthy, No (or a great deal less) illegal tracks.

Negative impacts: The only one i can think of is if there is a race going on the noise from the music and speakers might annoy some people

Good luck:cool:

KWICKS

Likes Dirt

Years Mountain biking: 4

What type of Riding do you do:Trail, XC

Positive Impacts these trails will bring to the community: Less distance to travel to a trail, improved trails with better facilities and resistance to erosion. Greater safety in our sport through maintenance, education, signposting, etc. Encouraging active, healthy lifestyles. Encouraging use of natural landscape/national parks (if applicable). Constructive way for kids to spend time. Improved facilities to support cycling community. Tourism.

Negative Impacts these trails will bring to the community: Increased traffic, cost to establish and maintain footed by the local community, opportunity cost of alternative community facilities.

Goodluck, stick with the books :)

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Years Mountain biking: 1

What type of Riding do you do:Trail, XC

Positive Impacts these trails will bring to the community: Non pollution emitting sport, community health benefits from exercise, boost to local economy for holding events, cost of building trails not high compared to other sports (skateparks etc), can appeal to large demographic with it being so close to the greater Sydney basin than some other areas, concentrate community on using purpose built, not illegally built trails.

Negative Impacts these trails will bring to the community: Possiblility of Motorbikes using trails illegally, littering, erosion if trails not built or maintained properly, potential dangers for bushwalkers on trails.

Rue

Likes Dirt
Years Mountain biking: 7
What type of Riding do you do: Cross Country, Downhill
Positive Impacts these trails will bring to the community:
- Increased facilities in the local community.
- Increased awareness of the sport
- Reduce the likely hood for illegal trails in that area.
- Tourism and less travel ( as stated above)

Negative Impacts these trails will bring to the community:
- Erosion of trails if not maintained properly
- Increased traffic (stated above)

Hope that helps