Lend me your ears! (Hucks in Sydney)

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
Could anyone help my with finding some decent sized hucks around Sydney. I know of lizard rock so if there are any other big ones around that people would want to share with me (and Farkin) post it up 'ere. :lol:
Thanks Lads.

naz

Criminally Inane
nick ya skanky bum..
north sydney theres a roof drop to nice tranny
and st ives area theres one goof roof drop i know of

smooth

Likes Dirt
i think there is one in queens park, joins centennial, havnt been able to check so if anyone knows ,tell us.

RCOH

Eats Squid
smooth said:
i think there is one in queens park, joins centennial, havnt been able to check so if anyone knows ,tell us.
There is a drop/gap at the charing cross side of Queens park. It has a nice run in (but needs to be mowed) & perfect tranny runout. it is about 20' - 25' high, gap is pretty small just over a footpath.

I have rolled to the edge but it is out of my league.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want to be a huck wit.. go on down to any mountain similar to Bobbin head entry route and clear yourself a road gap!!!
We want pictures too!!!

2 smooth

Likes Dirt
Will do! Ill go looking for that one RCOH is talking about. And then, ill get some shmick picks! Thanks Farkiners.

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
I reckon the northern side of Queens Park is doable if you have big balls.....basically. Have thought about and looked but it is out of my league as well. There would be plenty of options as there is about 200m of cliff line and a massive roll out tranny. Some spots tranny to tree slalom. Would look coool on vid. There are heaps of spots around just open your eyes and look at everything around you. There is another nice little 10' drop to roll out tranny off a wall in Surry Hills. There is a huge almost vertical drop on Old Windsor rode at Seven Hills. Needs to be done late at night as the roll out would take you straight out into the traffic. Could be interesting doing a Kenworth slalom though. There are stacks around be imaginative(sp?).

parallax

Likes Dirt
Back when I used to live in Bronte, I'd eye that huck off all the time as you'd go blasting down the single trail on the opposite side of the park towards Centennial.

It's definately do-able, but you'd have to be fair gutsy as it is a BIG drop.

Cronar

Likes Dirt
I've been eyeing that queens park drop for a while, the perfect spot with the steepest tranny requires a small amount of pruning, and a plank of wood about 2.5 meters long to get over a small rock step near the take off.
Its probably about 18ft with a sweet grassy run-out
If you actually do the pruning be careful as its a fig tree and the councils around this area love figs, but its only two small branchs.
The drop is near where the road at the top turns to houses, its got a super steep run in.
PM me if your going to hit it as i'll be there with some cameras and i might even give it a go!!

lotec

Banned
that queens park drop is huge between 20-25 foot perfect tranny though its just gonna take some huge balls to hit it :wink:

RCOH

Eats Squid
lotecsiriusconcept said:
that queens park drop is huge between 20-25 foot perfect tranny though its just gonna take some huge balls to hit it :wink:
didn't i already say that :roll:

Golem

Likes Bikes
there is a 15 foot roof drop at Koola oval in Lindfield/killara area, that is v. hitable, off a toilet block roof onto a grassy knoll, and iff u make it, ull be the third man

domtb

Likes Bikes
pftt 15 foot :lol: theres a like 20 story building in chatty with aa nice tranny a plank of wood i found its very hitable jsut go to the top floor and air of the edge ull be sweet

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
domtb said:
pftt 15 foot :lol: theres a like 20 story building in chatty with aa nice tranny a plank of wood i found its very hitable jsut go to the top floor and air of the edge ull be sweet
pull some trials shit and just track stand on a 1 inch ledge and just hop off it, very nice and smooth :p

josh_lives_here

Likes Dirt
it doesn't exactly take a genius to find a roof :roll:

that queens park drop sounds nice i'll look for it next time im at my cousins house (in randwick)

lotec

Banned
RCOH said:
lotecsiriusconcept said:
didn't i already say that :roll:
i was agreeing with you :D see how i said "that queens park drop is huge" not "theres a huge drop at queens park" :p

lotec

Banned
steep enough for it to be smooth i dont know in degrees though lol its really steep then curves out a bit then keeps going down and then curves flat from what i remember......

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
Yeeha is my favorite local DH / FR project area.

There is an awsome 8 foot huck to mellow single track, at the very start of the area. From the end of Lawson Pl Cherrybrook, simply go along the firetrail and check the big huck on the left. The run up is awsome, and the landing is awsome, but only slighlty downhill.

If everything goes to plan, there will be a handful of decent DH / FR lines down the valley, with many hucking options on offer!! There are plenty of smaller hucks here too.

Just keep your cool round the firetrail as it is near a residential area, and they may not be used to people screaming YEEHA!! :mrgreen:

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
smooth said:
There is a drop/gap at the charing cross side of Queens park. It has a nice run in (but needs to be mowed) & perfect tranny runout. it is about 20' - 25' high, gap is pretty small just over a footpath.

I have rolled to the edge but it is out of my league.
hey so queens park is in randwich? what street is it on? im keen to cheak it out during my uni break.