let or right hand drive.

nathan7

Likes Bikes
Hey i just got some new cranks and there left or right hand drive compatible. So i was wondering is there any difference in lhd to rhd, except for the look. Thanks

well ones on the left and ones on the right haha
on a serious note I think you'll find that your hub is not birectional anyway so the conversion is impossibe. Hope that helps

grundy

Likes Dirt
theres no difference, but if your on a mtb and have brakes you can only run right side drive as the brake mounts are on the left.
unless you have v brakes or running brakeless then you can do whatever you want

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
Left hand drive is typically used when people like to grind on the right side of their bike and prefer to put the drive train out of harm's way.

It's pretty much a BMX thing, which is also why you should only see pegs on one side of a BMX unless they ride flatland... :p

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Left hand drive... (firstly, left has an 'F' in it if you didn't already know...)

Well, it is totally over rated on a mtb.. Unless you are actually using the advantage of keeping it out of the way with grinds and stalls, so unless your a total street / park rat, there is no point to it what so ever..

Likes Dirt
Left hand drive... (firstly, left has an 'F' in it if you didn't already know...)

Well, it is totally over rated on a mtb.. Unless you are actually using the advantage of keeping it out of the way with grinds and stalls, so unless your a total street / park rat, there is no point to it what so ever..
Firstly LHD is where its at!

I prefer the term park royalty.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With that note im gona go and weld new brake tabs the the right hand side on my frame so i can represent the LHD.

Chika chika yeahhh

dh911

Likes Bikes
be REALLY original...leave the RHD hub on, turn it around, and pedal backwards everywhere....... hahah