Lezyne Micro Drive

Webby82

Likes Bikes
Hi,

I did a search, however, couldn't find any posts on the Lezyne Micro drive front light.
So.... has anyone got an opinion on these?

I am really after a 'Be seen' light while I am riding during the day and the micro drive seems to be the brightest compact light I can see.

Would 100 lumen of flashing brightness be enough for day time visibility? I believe it has 150lm in blast mode, but im unsure of whether that is constant of flashing.
Does anyone have another recommendation that is comparible in size and price?

Thanks

Last edited:

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Webby, whats your budget?
got to your local Trek dealer and look at one of these
http://www.bontrager.com/model/13202
so friggen bright, apparently on 65lumens, but it looks like 100ish
abit dearer than the Lezyne but I have found their (lezyne) mounts abit fussy and not as secure as I would like for hanging $50 odd bucks on the bike.

For the front 70 Lumens isnt enough 300ish is a good amount to ensure your seen,I think peoples brains dont pickup white lights as well as red.

a Knog blinder road combo is also a nice setup

Last edited:

Webby82

Likes Bikes
Thanks so far.

Just to clarify, I am interested in the front light only, as I have the Exposure Blaze which fits the bill nicely for the rear
Sorry, I should have made that clear at the outset.
In regards to budget, I would be happy to pay upto $100 for a compact light (weight wise) and bright unit.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks so far.

Just to clarify, I am interested in the front light only, as I have the Exposure Blaze which fits the bill nicely for the rear
In regards to budget, I would be happy to pay upto $100 for a compact light (weight wise) and bright unit.
Look at a Knog blinder road 3 right on your budget but nice..

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The mount is rubbish.

Get something with a proper clipped mount. I'd recommend the moon lights.

Webby82

Likes Bikes
The mount is rubbish.

Get something with a proper clipped mount. I'd recommend the moon lights.
The moon lights look good as night time ones, however, I am already set up for the night.
It is more a small lightweight flasher that I am after to be seen when Im out during the day, especially when my little daughter is on board

scblack

Leucocholic
Thanks so far.

I just bought a Cygolite Metro 550 USB rechargeable for $119 delivered from Cell Bikes.

On flashing mode I use to be seen during the day its rated at 600 lumens, and is awesomely bright. For an easy, not heavy unit to fit to the bars I reckon there isn't anything much better. Fraction over your budget, but I reckon to be seen the few extra dollars is worth it. It has a very good mounting bracket too.

http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Cygolit...-Light-Metro-550-Lumen-USB-Rechargeable&ext=F

Last edited:

hayd

Likes Dirt
Have a look at the Exposure Trace. I just got their rear light (TraceR) and love it so far. Very bright and minimal design.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If you want something bright enough to not be washed out by daylight, you need something that will be too obnoxiously bright to inflict upon traffic at night....

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use a micro drive as my be seen light, no problems with it or its mount. Battery life was about 4 hours on flash, now down about 3.5 but recharges from USB, and the switch changes colour when the light gets low (green - orange - red)
Flash is not 'stupidly annoying' like you need for a daytime light though...
Al..

Webby82

Likes Bikes
Thanks Al.
So the light can be seen well enough from a reasonable distance during the day?
What is the blast function like?

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Ahhh, my old man started with a Micro Drive and bought the L&M that I linked above after borrowing mine for a longer night ride.
He now uses both but prefers the L&M light plus it has the orange side LEDs that offer extra visibility at night, top quality light for under $50 at the moment.

stirk

Burner
Moon meteor 200, great light in my opinion with a very noticeable slower strobe setting which will be sure to make oncoming motorists hate you.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Al.
So the light can be seen well enough from a reasonable distance during the day?
What is the blast function like?
Blast / Overdrive has got me home when my other light has packed it in
Honestly, I think there are more annoying lights out there, but I haven't seen it from a distance to know for sure.